Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 01:46 AM

Default Bottom pair + Flush Draw, Raised Family Pot

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Thoughts: Suited cards, BB, I'm getting like a billionty to one on my call (or 11:1, which is close enough).
Flop: (12 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP1 calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Didn't want to kill the action by making the PFR face 2. I want him to open me up for a 3-bet, which I gladly took. My thoughts were "look at all those Sklansky bucks."

Turn: (13.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 folds, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

"Spade! Queen! Four!"

River: (17.50 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Foooour!

I should've check-raised the river, ne? Course, I'd have been SOL if I was up against Kings.

Final Pot: 21.50 BB
Old 09-18-2004, 02:47 AM

Default Re: Bottom pair + Flush Draw, Raised Family Pot

Looks good to me. Bet the river unless your opponents are very aggressive for the .5/1 tables.

If you were up against kings, you would not have heard a peep from UTG on that flop. Anyone else would probably have re-raised them pre-flop.

And, anyway, if you were up against kings, good for them. Won't happen that often.

NT
Old 09-18-2004, 02:50 AM

Only attempt that check-raise if you know he's gonna bet. If not, get that last bet out of him, and if your worried about kings, then just pay him off.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:58 AM

Your flop 3-bet should eliminate any belief in your opponents' minds that the river helped you. It should come off as a rag to anyone still in the hand. I'd feel good about your chances of pulling off a successful C/R here.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:16 AM

It was just a throaway.

SB bet out the flop, and UTG raised him. It's pretty clear SOMEONE is gonna bet the river. It would've been a beautiful thing.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:01 AM

What would UTG raise preflop, and auto-raise on the flop that wouldn't bet the river?

I think he'll bet it often enough that going for the c/r will be worth it. I don't think he'll raise me when I lead out (I'd prefer him NOT to, unless the others decide to call two cold).

I can see the check-raise not working though, and then I look like an ass. I dunno.
Old 09-18-2004, 04:08 AM

Many players have a tendency to check through the river with a hand like top pair good kicker fearing they are beat, so I think the bet out here is good.