Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-12-2005, 10:14 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

[ QUOTE ]
On another note. If I was 40 and had a pretty bright 15 year old. I would set up an account for him to play poker for money. I would take 50 percent for backing him of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have kids and see if you still feel this way. You do realize that most people who play poker lose (even the extremely smart ones)? Some people even fall into the addiction of gambling and it destroys their lives. Is this what you would want from your bright (but immature and impressionable) 15 year old?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:17 PM

Oh, and I'd also like to point out that even 18 year olds are kids. I'm only 25 now, but I look back at what I thought I knew when I was 18 and I didn't know [censored].

To the OP. You broke the rules of the site when you signed on. Therefore, they have every right to take your money and leave you with nothing. I hope for your sake they don't, but don't be surprised if/when they do.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:32 PM

That is a terrible idea if you get caught. As far as the underage debate goes, I'm only 17, going on 18 in only a couple months time. Despite how much I want to play online, I've decided to wait until I'm 18. No sense playing underage and risking getting caught and losing my money. Besides, I don't want to get sucked in and have it affect my school work and social life. My friend lost close to $2000 on Party Poker. When he finally won a good bit back, they found out he was underage (luckily he got his money, but his account is now banned and his parents were pissed). Basically, it's not worth the risk, and I don't want to contribute to those lobbying against online poker, since I plan to play plenty of it in the future. For now, it's low-stakes home games and the occasional tournies with my friends. I have a ton of fun, and still have managed to earn a decent amount of spending money over the last year or so.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Im 17, started playing poker at 15, am up $2000, and just got an email saying i must provide correct details (address etc.) after they did a random security check.

I have just made a withdrawal, will I get that (can they legally keep my money from me - im 17).

Flame me if you like [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

*edit* of course i am actually 18 for this forum....

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!, IMO
Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 AM

They will most likely deny your cashout, then freeze your account until you show them the ID's. Cashing out was one fo the worst things you could have done, as it looks VERY suspicious.

Edit: That being said, let us know if you get the money
Old 12-13-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

smartalecc I cant PM you, do you have a AIM SN?

[/ QUOTE ]

aim me at smartalecc5.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17) *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven
Old 12-13-2005, 02:39 AM

Underage gambling is risky, in that you have no legal recourse for a company from stealing all of your winnings if you violate TOS.

Play at home for low-stakes with people you trust, then go online immediately when you hit 18.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Underage gambling is risky, in that you have no legal recourse

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true of all online gambling, of age or not -- what are you gonna do, travel to an island nation to sue for 2-grand in a court the poker company has already BOUGHT? I think not.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a terrible idea if you get caught. As far as the underage debate goes, I'm only 17, going on 18 in only a couple months time. Despite how much I want to play online, I've decided to wait until I'm 18. No sense playing underage and risking getting caught and losing my money. Besides, I don't want to get sucked in and have it affect my school work and social life. My friend lost close to $2000 on Party Poker. When he finally won a good bit back, they found out he was underage (luckily he got his money, but his account is now banned and his parents were pissed). Basically, it's not worth the risk, and I don't want to contribute to those lobbying against online poker, since I plan to play plenty of it in the future. For now, it's low-stakes home games and the occasional tournies with my friends. I have a ton of fun, and still have managed to earn a decent amount of spending money over the last year or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Proof positive that not all of those under 18 think like kids.