Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Playing on-line poker underage (17)

[ QUOTE ]
if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kinda surprised to hear something so utterly ignorant come from you. There are countless 16-20 year olds that are making a killing at internet poker, and your distasteful remark reeks of jealousy.

in regards to the OP, follow the advice of the peopl who know what they are talking about. Don't do anything overly stupid/illegal. protect that roll at all costs.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda surprised to hear something so utterly ignorant come from you. There are countless 16-20 year olds that are making a killing at internet poker, and your distasteful remark reeks of jealousy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not jealousy. I agree, get the kids away from poker. The 16 year old gambling addict is gonna be the excuse with which the right wing makes online poker truly illegal. A few kids are gonna [censored] this up for everyone.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just because I am a few months under the "legal age limit" means that I am all of a sudden a "little kid"?? I don't agree with that. I have more money sense that most 18yr olds, I am intellegent (AAA A-levels). Back up your arguments please.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a little kid because you broke the rules for several years and are now looking for ways out of taking responsibility for your actions. Possibly making a bad situation worse by thinking of mocking up some fake id to get your money. I'm not in the UK so I don't know how bad that is but it probably isn't good.

You are a little kid because you are trying to equate what in the states would be high school grades to anything beyond high school.

You are a little kid because you are in high school (or whatever it's called over there) and think you know more than you do. Not that big a deal really because everyone in your shoes thinks the same thing.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like a visa check card? You can't have one of those until you're 18. And you can't deposit with a MAC or STAR card or anything. So whose did you use?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the UK FYI
I used by own card.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, not all teenagers are little kids. I have better money management than half of the donks I play with. I've been playing poker since last July and have had some moderate success. I have won between $7000-$8000 (didn't keep track of my arly withdrawals). I say that not all teenagers are little kids is because I am 16. Sixteen. I make more money playing poker than all my friends do working for $7.25 at Target (however I did just get a real job). You must be thinking, darn kids these days - all they do is sit in front of the computer screen! Well no. A "kid" is allowed to be 1)Smart 2)Have good morals and be 3)Social.

Please, younger kids do not pose any threat to you at the poker table whatsoever. They are just another name sitting behind a computer someonwhere in the world, playing the exact same game you older ppl are, with the exact same rules, seeing the exact same cards.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please, younger kids do not pose any threat to you at the poker table whatsoever. They are just another name sitting behind a computer someonwhere in the world, playing the exact same game you older ppl are, with the exact same rules, seeing the exact same cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously do not understand that the threat you pose is larger than what you describe here. The threat is that the US Government will explicitly make online gambling illegal for all because under age kids are playing online and losing their college funds. As soon as they prosecute a few online players, the game will be dead in the USA...
Old 12-12-2005, 07:04 PM

Location: Typing \"nice runner runner\" over and over and over and over and over and over

[ QUOTE ]
I have more money sense that most 18yr olds, I am intellegent (AAA A-levels), FACE FACTS TARD

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact reason some folks will refer to you as little kids, becuase you cant see the big picture and the world as you know it ends at the tip of your nose.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if they confirm you are underage, yes they can take your money. but i dont think they will. your money will be safe, even though you deserve to lose it. I sincerely hope you actually do lose your money too. little kids shouldnt be playing poker

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like someone is jealous that they cannot make 2,000 playing poker. I seriously don't get why you would have a stuck up attitude about this. Him earning 2k through poker is NO different than you doing it.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:26 PM

It all makes sense now.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:39 PM

Wait until you're legal to cash anything out.

OR

get your parents help... they might be uber pissed off at you playing poker, but they'll probably want the 2K as well.