Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2004, 03:40 AM

Default 3 monitors??

Is there a such thing as a tri video card? Right now I run 2 monitors, I have a big monitor with 1600 x 1200 as my main monitor, I play 4 empire tables there. (with rakeback), then my other older monitor I play 2 Party tables on, and talk on AOLIM and surf internet, while watching TV. (I get no rakeback at party), so I would like to get another monitor to get some more tables going at Pokerroom(with the 30% rakeback). I've also thought about getting a cheap laptop and hooking up to my cable modem.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:45 AM

Default Re: 3 monitors??

I don't have an answer for you, but how do you like having non-symmetrical monitors? I was thinking about getting a second, larger flat panel but am concerned about not adjusting to looking at two displays of unequal size.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:52 AM

I really don't notice, my extra monitor is probably 5 years old, I really don't know how big it is, but I can only do 2 tables without major overlap, but its perfect cus aolim chatboxes fit in the corners. (limit poker is boring ha), but actually right now I'm looking at the monitors and it seems like it is almost strait across, it is just the main one is wider, they are about the same height. The main one is 17 inches, and the extra one is like 15.5. (i measured diagonal , I was thinking that was how you do it)

Its no problem at all really.
well now that I am messing with it, when you go across with the mouse near the top it does do funny things, but that is not much of a problem. well [censored] actually the mouse always drops about a 2 inches everywhere, never noticed that before, but unless you have ZERO hand eye coordination, no problem
Old 09-18-2004, 04:13 AM

yes a $200 matrox card can do tri-monitors.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:31 PM

I used to play 9 tables with 3 1600x1200 monitors. I used multiple PCs though using software that allows your mouse and keyboard to work with all 3 simultaneously (it's called Synergy if you're interested and want to google for it).

I imagine the cheapest way would be using a dual output AGP card and adding another cheap PCI card, assuming windows allows for this sort of display setup.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I imagine the cheapest way would be using a dual output AGP card and adding another cheap PCI card, assuming windows allows for this sort of display setup.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, that works just fine. I have 3 monitors set up at work in that exact configuration.
Old 09-18-2004, 02:04 PM

It's kind of off of the subject of monitors, but how do you get rake back?
Old 09-18-2004, 06:32 PM

or you can just use 2 PCI cards for about 50$ a piece
Old 09-18-2004, 06:52 PM

you can find QUAD (and even an eight) head video card at 9xMedia... or you can buy one of their setups for up to sixty-four screens...

sweeeeeeeet....
Old 09-18-2004, 10:44 PM

I don't think there is a limit on the number of video cards that you can have. You could buy 4 dual head cards and have 8 monitors. Just be sure to use lcd monitors or upgrade your wiring so it can support the amps!