Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: lexus is250 vs hoopty

Paying off a 40k car while 19 years old should do wonders for your credit, which could save you a good bit of money in the future. So while there is a general waste for buying this expensive of a car it's not all terrible.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paying off a 40k car while 19 years old should do wonders for your credit, which could save you a good bit of money in the future. So while there is a general waste for buying this expensive of a car it's not all terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why has no one suggested the option of leasing it?

If it's all for "status" while you're in college, make a small downpayment on it, and who cares about the monthly payments? Throw it away after 3 years and hopefully by then you'll have grown up a little bit and realized that HOUSES are more important than EXPENSIVE cars.

I was like you when I was 17. I bought myself a brand new Civic Si (laugh now, but all of my friends drooled, and the girls loved it in college), dumped another 10K hooking it up, and my Junior year it was stolen (of course).

After that point, I realized that cars were a huge waste of money, picked up a GTi that I paid in full from my insurance money and haven't had a car payment for the past 3 years. (And don't plan on having one for another 5 at least).

Now, I've got a good job (and play cards PT) and am buying a brand new $500K house in the Seattle burbs. Believe me, a nice, new, HUGE house will get you much more status than some depreciating asset ever will (you'll think this way soon enough).
Old 12-14-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slipoker,
You don't like the new mustang? Not even the speciel edition Bullit ones?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, no I do not, I think they're terrible looking. From my experience people either love or hate the car, nothing in between.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Voltron,

The 300k is not from sticking all the money in the bank, just the difference between buying an awesome car and a less awesome car.

As I said before, I have no idea about the is250. That's why I suggested something like a Porsche instead. For his purposes, I think the Boxster would do fine.

Obviously, like Ed Miller, when you get older you will have plenty of money in your investment account to buy a nice minivan and white picket fence for your house, which is cool.

WACOKID however, is more concerned about partying like a rock star for as long as possible - more power to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the point is, rockstars dont drive Lexus'. Im all for blowing money on dumb [censored], but if you are going to pull a move and buy a car too expensive for your age group, buy something much flashier.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about an early 90's NSX? You can pick em up for just over 30k if you're lucky.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why has no one suggested the option of leasing it?

If it's all for "status" while you're in college, make a small downpayment on it, and who cares about the monthly payments? Throw it away after 3 years and hopefully by then you'll have grown up a little bit and realized that HOUSES are more important than EXPENSIVE cars.

I was like you when I was 17. I bought myself a brand new Civic Si (laugh now, but all of my friends drooled, and the girls loved it in college), dumped another 10K hooking it up, and my Junior year it was stolen (of course).

After that point, I realized that cars were a huge waste of money, picked up a GTi that I paid in full from my insurance money and haven't had a car payment for the past 3 years. (And don't plan on having one for another 5 at least).

Now, I've got a good job (and play cards PT) and am buying a brand new $500K house in the Seattle burbs. Believe me, a nice, new, HUGE house will get you much more status than some depreciating asset ever will (you'll think this way soon enough).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get a penile implant, its much cheaper in the long run. Seriously, I understand the whole cool car thing, and getting chicks, but if your guys' whole life revolves around status etc, you are doomed to be unhappy the rest of your life. Grow up, realize that buying stuff doesnt make you cool, and stop being morons. Buy a really expensive car, because you like it. Not so other people will like you.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 PM

Lexus is one of the most reliable and luxurious cars on the market, definitely worth the money regardless of previous posters comments. My family has a new Lexus GS series and it is one of the nicest cars I've ever been in, seen, and driven.

With that being said, what the [censored] does a 19 year old little [censored] need a 44K car for. Do you push drugs?

DO YOU HAVE ANY [censored] IDEA WHAT INSURANCE WOULD COST YOU FOR THAT CAR BEING 19 YEARS OLD, YOU NEED COLLISION/COMP/LIABILITY/LOAN LEASE GAP IN CASE YOU TOTAL THE CAR...

This is a stupid purchase at your age and you should be punched in the face or this retard thread.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With that being said, what the [censored] does a 19 year old little [censored] need a 44K car for. Do you push drugs?

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

genius
Old 12-14-2005, 09:50 PM

TWC,

Please don't let the jealous haters get you down. I can tell you for sure what they weren't doing at 19.

Have you considered some of the other cars (Porsche, sc340, etc.) mentioned in this thread?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TWC,

Please don't let the jealous haters get you down. I can tell you for sure what they weren't doing at 19.

Have you considered some of the other cars (Porsche, sc340, etc.) mentioned in this thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

First off its a SC 430. The IS250/350 is the best car in its class by far. Lexus is rated number one in almost all car magazines in almost all categories. Until one of you has owned a Lexus and or test driven/sat in a Lexus IS250/350 dont knock it. I dont understand how you guys can post about something you know nothing about. Like the guy who kept posting about the price of the car. The car is 32k all the way up to 47k. BMW/Mercedes technology options do not come close to this car. Lexus is the best made car in the world if you want to dispute that pick up a Car and Driver and read for your self.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DO YOU HAVE ANY [censored] IDEA WHAT INSURANCE WOULD COST YOU FOR THAT CAR BEING 19 YEARS OLD, YOU NEED COLLISION/COMP/LIABILITY/LOAN LEASE GAP IN CASE YOU TOTAL THE CAR...

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, yeah, i do. i can pay a year's worth with about half of what i won today [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]