Between 1 and 2 3 2.75%
Between 2 and 3 49 44.95%
Between 3 and 4 36 33.03%
More than 4 17 15.60%
Less than 1 4 3.67%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2005, 12:05 AM

Default dye my hair or not?

Here's the dillio - I am 75% grey haired - still have most of it but it looks like it's slightly thinning on top (or else grey hair has less body - I think a combo of both) -

and I'm only 33 years old -

NOW, I can color it and look younger and try to meet younger girls, or I can leave it frosted looking (which some people actually do to their hair on purpose, I'm told) - and just see if I can meet the hot 21 year old that likes dating older men.

I can do a Just for Men - quick coverup that's good for about 2 or 3 months - takes 10 min. - or else I can go au natural -

I'm leaning towards au natural - opinions? At this point, it's mostly vanity because I'm single - if I met a nice girl who liked it salt and peppered, I'd leave it in a heartbeat - cause it's a pain to color every two months - but I am starting to get old and vain at 33

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 AM

Default Re: dye my hair or not?

I kind of prefer the natural look and you have a good face so I think you won't have any problem
Old 10-20-2005, 12:08 AM

I hope I didn't push you off the deep end with my comments in the grey hair on women thread.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:10 AM

i like guys with some grey hair...at times i find it very attractive
Old 10-20-2005, 12:15 AM

not really - but you brought up an interesting point for me to think about.

I got a haircut two weeks ago and it was short enough to cut all dye from the previous cut - so now I'm half and half - I'm REALLY tired of coloring it - I'm starting to get old enough where vanity doesn't suit me as well as it once did, even if I'm still not getting laid. - my barber told me she thought I should just leave it natural - it was a good color, she said and some people pay to have it colored like this.

and esp. since I don't barhop anymore, the logic behind putting in a ton of effort merely to LOOK younger (as opposed to feel younger) is sorta lost on me -

I think women are 50/50 on it - as long as I still have most of it - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I've also got a few now on the chin - and a few on the chest - I draw the line at checking the pubes - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 12:16 AM

dude whatever makes you feel comfortable. physical traits are so secondary to personality and whatnot. if you can act yourself with grey hair, do that man. however if you feel that a dyed rendition of yourself would improve your personality, then that path is for you. know yourself.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:18 AM

honestly -

you know what they say - it's not the years, it's the miles -

I'm only 33 but it was a hell of a lot of miles - this is probably stress related grey hair -

what I need are a couple good lays and and compliments from girls and then I'll never go back - like when that girl told me she liked my sideburns once - then I had sideburns for 5 years afterwards - LOL

RB
Old 10-20-2005, 12:21 AM

Women's taste vary as much as men's. Ask about contact lenses, you'll find some like glasses on a guy. You're going to find women who like grey hair.

The only thing that matters is how you feel. If eyeglasses or grey hair make you feel awkward, you'll act awkwardly. And if you find putting in lenses or dying your hair to be a chore, you'll resent doing it.

If you're comfortable with how you look, don't change because you anticipate what others will want. That never works.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:27 AM

Gray is not bad at all.. Infact, i've thought about trtying to find hair dye to go silver/gray.
Old 10-20-2005, 12:30 AM

well, if your miles are wearing down your ability to act like yourself, then [censored] it. renew yourself. but I sort of feel like learning to deal with yourself and your own shortcomings is part of what is gonna make you happy in the long run. remember, it's easier to lower your standards than it is to find someone who meets your standards.

man, what a pessimistic outlook. do what feels natural, I guess. and make sure to take the rest of your life into consideration.