Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 10:39 AM

Default Re: ONLINE POKER IS 100% RIGGED

I also found this article, scroll down a bit to get to the hand stats and more below that to get a good rebuttal to the conspiracy theorists.

http://www.playwinningpoker.com/rgp/02/
Old 05-31-2005, 10:43 AM

Its not even a question whether they're rigged or not. No doubt about it they are. Its just a matter of time before its out. People like you are the only reason the keep going. They arent just doing to keep tables full, they're taking your money with house players. Kind of like bookies dont just clear the juice, they win the majority of bets also. Oddsmakers handicap joe public to get majority of money on one side. Online poker sites are making killings off of suckers such as yourself.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:53 AM

The sites show absolutely no proof of randomness, sure they deal the same percentage of PP & flushes, straights etc. Thats why idiots think theyre legit. What they dont tell you is that you will get your percentage of these, but theyll give someone else (house player or poor player theyre trying to keep in the game) a better flush or straight full house giving you 2nd best hand. Or you they deal someone else absolutely nothing when you get these so you get no action. You either win nothing or lose big. Youll get your share all right. Just not your share of the money.
Old 05-31-2005, 06:15 PM

***** Hand History for Game 2133022400 *****
$1000 NL Hold'em - Tuesday, May 31, 04:08:40 EDT 2005
Table Table 37316 (Real Money)
Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 2: PeglegMcgee8 ( $1007.6 )
Seat 3: CYHAPMAN ( $2906.69 )
Seat 4: Viglev ( $2000.02 )
Seat 7: yesnaya ( $550.26 )
Seat 8: pmuir12 ( $1170.15 )
Seat 10: glowe_ ( $1100.56 )
Seat 6: SSR1210 ( $3570.55 )
Seat 5: uRdRznIPlay ( $590.1 )
Seat 1: snappo1 ( $1810.5 )
pmuir12 posts small blind [$5].
glowe_ posts big blind [$10].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SSR1210 [ Ah Ac ]
PeglegMcgee8 folds.
CYHAPMAN calls [$10].
Viglev calls [$10].
uRdRznIPlay folds.
SSR1210 raises [$120].
yesnaya folds.
pmuir12 folds.
glowe_ folds.
CYHAPMAN calls [$120]
Viglev folds
** Dealing Flop ** [ As, Ad, 2c ]
CYHAPMAN checks.
SSR1210 bets [$100].
CYHAPMAN raises [$500]
SSR1210 raises [$3450.55]
CYHAPMAN calls [$2786.69]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Ks ]
** Dealing River ** [ Qs ]
CYHAPMAN shows [ Ts, Js ] a Royal Flush.
SSR1210 shows [ Ah, Ac ] four of a kind aces.
CYHAPMAN wins $5833.8 from the main pot with a royal flush.
SSR1210 wins $663.86 from the side pot with four of a kind aces

NOW HOW CAN I TAKE ONLINE POKER LEGITIMATELY AFTER THAT? RERAISE 2000 more with J high and no draw and hit runner runner royal on my quads. Somethign is real wrong there. I wanted to kill myself after that hand
Old 05-31-2005, 06:33 PM

how much did you win from the bad beat jackpot?
Old 05-31-2005, 07:40 PM

"poorer players are givin better flops "

well a poorer player than me your not likely to ever see so you could please explain this to me????

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...amp;PHPSESSID=

if its fixed (and actually im not totally convinced one way or another) they certainly are not singleing out poor players to give the good starting hands to..by the way i tried PP again last night, 30,000 guar as usual. i folded every hand (again!) but 3 and was out before the 2ND break. THEY ARE NOT GIVING THE POOR PLAYERS ANY KIND OF A BREAK AND IM LIVING PROOF.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Three questions and compatible experiences.

[ QUOTE ]
sure they deal the same percentage of PP & flushes, straights etc. Thats why idiots think theyre legit. What they dont tell you is that you will get your percentage of these, but theyll give someone else (house player or poor player theyre trying to keep in the game) a better flush or straight full house giving you 2nd best hand. Or you they deal someone else absolutely nothing when you get these so you get no action. You either win nothing or lose big. Youll get your share all right. Just not your share of the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you played online? How many hands have you played online? How many different sites have you played on?

There was a huge thread in mid-high, "DERB", about a player who was a huge winner but was generally considered to be awful by the posters there who play high limits online, say they win big and have played a lot against him. The majority of posters said he'll go broke, some said he's not getting enough credit and some said he was a statistical anamoly. Whatever.

My point for referring that thread was your point in the quote about getting the proper percentage of hands to reference but having the disparity in pot size be extremely unequal. I've had that problem since day one online and I'm playing over a year. However, I don't think they're giving it to a "shill". I'm not sure what it is, but have wondered if it's this.

Party has about 70K players a night. When it comes to the size of the pots for your big hands, there has to be some who are very fortunate, some who aren't and probably the majority have a good balance. Even though probability can prove all of our luck will eventually even out, there's nothing to prove that all the pots should end up balancing out equally among us.

I've had a home game for years and there's one guy who is by far the luckiest player I've ever seen. He's a good player and plays very aggressively. So are a couple of us. His hands have come in much more than the rest of us over the years, believe me. He's had far more luck in winning big pots than the rest of us.

Going back to online, I 4 table 6 max and my last session I had quad 6's, flopped a full house, flopped a flush, flopped a set and turned trips. Not one of those hands had anyone with even a remotely close hand to call me with, let alone raise. I think one of them was called on the turn. Not one saw a river.

That same session I lost with AA when 22 spiked a 2 on the turn. 90% favorite and big pot lost. I flopped trips and got out kicked in a big pot. I lost full over full in a very big pot. Large winning percentage for me for the session. Extreme imbalance in winnings. It was a losing session.

I'm probably like the majority of posters on 2+2 who are more knowledgeable and play better than most, but not as well as we probably think. That old saying about never being as good or as bad as you think. The only conclusion I've come to up to this point is that I'm in that group, like yourself you're describing, who don't have the good luck that others have. No matter what you say, not everyone's luck will always be equal. So the bottom line is, either I'm a pretty good player who has to play near perfect just to have a small win, or what you say is true. I can't even make money with quads.

Considering all the people, like Al S., who say they know for a fact their friends make good money, I have to believe I must have received most of my luck in other areas of my life, which up to this point, I'd buy as a reason. My life is, save for one thing I'd change if I could, has been pretty good.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its not even a question whether they're rigged or not. No doubt about it they are. Its just a matter of time before its out. People like you are the only reason the keep going. They arent just doing to keep tables full, they're taking your money with house players. Kind of like bookies dont just clear the juice, they win the majority of bets also. Oddsmakers handicap joe public to get majority of money on one side. Online poker sites are making killings off of suckers such as yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all I havent made a deposit in 4 months. Second of all I withdrew the $200 that I had lost and am now playing with other ppls money. I have been tracking my hands for 4 months (playing for 8) and have just hit 30K hands. Guess what? You see runner runner, you see that scary river, you see AA vs KK. I was a winning player for 3 months, and I'm now in the middle of a 250 BB downswing. Plz tell me when they are going to flag me as a fish, I'd love to start winning.

I think you missed the point of my last post. I have to ask you, what is the point of rigging it? Is it to build a bigger pot? Or to keep the fish around? Considering that most pots are capped at a certain amount, they cannot make that much extra money by putting AA vs KK. How about the fish, are they going any where any time soon? No they arent. Any scam that funnels money from good players to bad is just an extra rake for the good players. Either they can overcome it or they cant. You greatly overestimate the number of good players (15%?), and the number of ppl that play at the higher levels. Why risk all the honest money you are making for a little bit extra? It makes zero sense not to run an honest site.

Texas holdem is the poker game with the lowest skill to luck ratio. Skill still wins out in the long run, but that run is really long. Thats why its such a great game! If you cant handle it then go play stud or something.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CYHAPMAN wins $5833.8 from the main pot with a royal flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, the shill won $6K, at a site that probably makes tens of millions of dollars. And now you are posting it on every public message board. Rigged or not that site now has bad publicity. How many ppl have they now lost to your post? People that they would have made much more than $6K from. Dont you see how ridiculous you sound?
Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 PM

this is the actual hand history that was sent by party poker for the game listed above. If you are going to lie about a hand at least try harder to cover up the lie. Maybe you shouldnt inclde the game number.

***** Hand History for Game 2133022400 *****
AssetStrippa has left the table.
0/0 TexasHTGameTable (NL) - Tue May 31 04:08:39 EDT 2005
Table Table 37316 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 1: snappo1 ( $181.5)
Seat 2: PeglegMcgee8 ( $107.6)
Seat 3: CYHAPMAN ( $196.69)
Seat 4: Viglev ( $200.02)
Seat 5: uRdRznIPlay ( $59.1)
Seat 6: SSR1210 ( $57.55)
Seat 7: yesnaya ( $55.26)
Seat 8: pmuir12 ( $117.15)
Seat 10: glowe_ ( $110.56)
pmuir12 posts small blind (0.5)
glowe_ posts big blind (1)
** Dealing down cards **
PeglegMcgee8 folds.
yesnaya: 5?
CYHAPMAN calls (1)
Viglev calls (1)
uRdRznIPlay folds.
SSR1210 folds.
yesnaya folds.
glowe_: ya
pmuir12 folds.
yesnaya: made sense
glowe_ checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 2c, 4h, Qh ]
glowe_ checks.
CYHAPMAN checks.
Viglev checks.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 4s ]
glowe_: hit a str on a flush draw
glowe_ bets (3)
yesnaya: woulda owned you
CYHAPMAN raises (6) to 6
Viglev folds.
yesnaya: had the ace hugh flush draw
glowe_ calls (3)
** Dealing River ** : [ Tc ]
glowe_ checks.
CYHAPMAN bets (25)
glowe_ calls (25)
** Summary **
Main Pot: $62.5 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 2c 4h Qh 4s Tc ]
snappo1 balance $181.5, sits out
PeglegMcgee8 balance $107.6, didn't bet (folded)
CYHAPMAN balance $227.19, bet $32, collected $62.5, net +$30.5 [ Jh Qd ] [ two pairs, queens and fours -- Qd,Qh,Jh,4h,4s ]
Viglev balance $199.02, lost $1 (folded)
uRdRznIPlay balance $59.1, didn't bet (folded)
SSR1210 balance $57.55, didn't bet (folded)
yesnaya balance $55.26, didn't bet (folded)
pmuir12 balance $116.65, lost $0.5 (folded)
Cobra_Royal balance $50, sits out
glowe_ balance $78.56, lost $32 [ 2s Td ] [ two pairs, tens and fours -- Qh,Td,Tc,4h,4s ]
Closed Thread