Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > Two Plus Two Internet Magazine
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2005, 08:05 PM

Default looks like we need a sticky

The title of which is "This forum is for posts about 2+2 Magazine articles only" or similar.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: looks like we need a sticky

[ QUOTE ]
The title of which is "This forum is for posts about 2+2 Magazine articles only" or similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I plan on typing one up in the next couple of days.
It will probably be fairly short and to the point, and any input from others will be appreciated.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is not about any current magazine article. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It will probably be fairly short and to the point, and any input from others will be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much needed. This forum was originally just titled "Forum" under the heading "Magazine". That resulted in total chaos. Renaming it helped a lot, but there is still a lot of confusion, particularly with newbies. Perhaps another name change might help. Call this forum something like "Magazine Feedback". Or change "Magazine" to "Magazine Articles" and change this forum to "Discussion of Articles".

Also, a sticky titled something like: "Please read before posting here" would help.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This post is not about any current magazine article. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it is about the magazine forum. That counts for something.
It's also a good opportunity for me to get everyone's opinions on what should be included in the sitcky.

In my opinion, the magazine, its forum, and the essays are all valid subjects for this forum.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There have been times when I wasn't sure where I should post a thread and I ended up doing it here. There are a lot of forums here, but a lot of them are too selective. As an example, I had a question on a ESPN.com article and posted it here. There should be a forum on Las Vegas and one on Atlantic City, not just one on other topics or poker. (Things to do while on vacation, where to stay, areas to live in if moving, ect. Things like that could be in a Vegas forum instead of asking in OOT. God knows how it is there!)
Old 07-28-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but it is about the magazine forum. That counts for something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping it would count for a little humor. Very little, apparently. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2005, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

There should be a forum on Las Vegas and one on Atlantic City, not just one on other topics or poker. (Things to do while on vacation, where to stay, areas to live in if moving, ect. Things like that could be in a Vegas forum instead of asking in OOT. God knows how it is there!)

[/ QUOTE ]

This kind of stuff is in the B&M Cardroom forum. Anything about tournaments, pro players, etc., is in the WPT forum. It's not always immediately clear (e.g., WSOP stuff is in the WPT forum), but if you drop in on the various forums, you can figure it out.

As you have apparently already learned, do not enter the OOT forum without protective clothing [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]