View Poll Results: What to do?
Fold 31 42.47%
All In 42 57.53%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Steelers-Colts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way that the Steelers are less than 20% against the Colts with Ben Roethlisberger ready to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

the way they played last week i'd put them at less than 20% against a lot of teams. they were lucky to get within 14 against a team that couldn't move the ball to save their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying something so stupid as this should eliminate you from all future discussions about football forever.

1)Lucky to be within 14? The game went to overtime so it's not like the game was a blowout and the Steelers got a couple crappy points at the end.

2)Take away the starting QB of any good/great team and see how well they would do. Would Indy have won last week without Manning? No way in hell.

3)Tommy Maddux - Do I even need to say more?

There is a reason why Ben sat the last 3 weeks. With a healthy Ben, Steelers are one of the best teams in the NFL. Steelers should have won all 3 games, but they went 2-1. I'll take 2-1 with a backup QB any season, especially when Tommy Maddux had to play in 2 of those 3 games.
Old 11-24-2005, 03:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way that the Steelers are less than 20% against the Colts with Ben Roethlisberger ready to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

the way they played last week i'd put them at less than 20% against a lot of teams. they were lucky to get within 14 against a team that couldn't move the ball to save their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying something so stupid as this should eliminate you from all future discussions about football forever.

1)Lucky to be within 14? The game went to overtime so it's not like the game was a blowout and the Steelers got a couple crappy points at the end.

2)Take away the starting QB of any good/great team and see how well they would do. Would Indy have won last week without Manning? No way in hell.

3)Tommy Maddux - Do I even need to say more?

There is a reason why Ben sat the last 3 weeks. With a healthy Ben, Steelers are one of the best teams in the NFL. Steelers should have won all 3 games, but they went 2-1. I'll take 2-1 with a backup QB any season, especially when Tommy Maddux had to play in 2 of those 3 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

you do understand the concept of the game not being as close as the score indicated, right?

the steelers played horribly against a pretty inept baltimore team. if they play that way against the majority of the nfl they get blown out. baltimore should have blown them out, but boller had a grand total of 137 passing yards, despite 21 completions.

and it wasn't all maddox's fault. they couldn't run the ball either.

if you really think pgh deserved to get to overtime last week, i feel sorry for you.
Old 11-24-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you do understand the concept of the game not being as close as the score indicated, right?

the steelers played horribly against a pretty inept baltimore team. if they play that way against the majority of the nfl they get blown out. baltimore should have blown them out, but boller had a grand total of 137 passing yards, despite 21 completions.

and it wasn't all maddox's fault. they couldn't run the ball either.

if you really think pgh deserved to get to overtime last week, i feel sorry for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right, Pittsburgh didn't deserve to go to overtime...

God I hate stupid people who try to talk sports.