Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2004, 03:38 PM

Default A Vegas plan....

I am vaguely thinking about playing poker full time for a month or two and I would like thoughts on my plan.

My situation:

I live in the UK

I am just about to finish my current job (end of June) and my new job starts in Jan 05.

This means that I have the best part of six months with nothing much to do.

I would like to try and play poker full time for 6-8 weeks or longer if I can survive and don't get bored.

I have around $8k to play with, which I could stretch up to $15k. This would have to cover everything including BR, flights, room, food etc. I do not have very extravagant tastes.

*I am a B+M virgin*

I have no wife or kids or debt.

I play almost entirely $30+3 NLHE SnGs and buyin up to $50 NLHE MTTs. I have an ROI of around 35% overall (slightly higher for SnGs than for MTTs)

I have just started playing O8 and seem to be reasonably good at it

My plan:

Go and play for a few weeks in some B+M rooms in England

If I enjoy it and I can at least break even (at the table): Go to Vegas for 8 weeks

Else: Do something else.

Why?:

Because I think it would be *fun* and I would like to experience the lifestyle for a short while. I am NOT doing it to make money. If I lost my entire BR it would not be the end of the world, I get a signon bonus of $18k in January.

Having said this, if I did it I would do it in complete seriousness with the aim of making as much money as I could. I would be very disappointed if I could not cover my expenses and would feel like I had not accomplished anything.

I would not get tempted to stay even if I win, there is no way I could make as much as I would make at my new job.

Some questions?:

What do you think?

I am doing this mostly for the lifestyle hence the choice of Vegas. Should I consider somewhere else due to my preferred game types?

Do I need to go and put in some serious hours on the internet LHE and O8 ring tables?

If I went to Vegas could I fill my time playing just MTTs? (with buyins within my BR)

How much does it cost to live in Vegas? (preferably somewhere that I wont get shot)

Anyone know what VISAs / work permits I would need (for vegas)?

Is it really possible to put up with nasal american accents 24hrs a day?

Thanks for all thoughts

Tim