Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 04-06-2004, 11:34 AM

Default Where Do You Want to Go?

I assume that you've scouted out a few other locations and their advantages and disadvantages. Serious question, what places are you thinking of moving to and what are their pluses and minuses?
Old 04-06-2004, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Where Do You Want to Go?

Personally I like it here. But Canada is a pretty cool place. I could see living there. My brother and sister both live in Austria and they love it. They even got their citizenship. There is also a huge population of American ex-pats in the Prague.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:23 PM

Default Re: Travel Channel Caves to Bush Administration

They love what everyone really loves - Power.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume that you've scouted out a few other locations and their advantages and disadvantages. Serious question, what places are you thinking of moving to and what are their pluses and minuses?

[/ QUOTE ]
First of all, I must say that I dont see what is so hot about the US in comparison of other first world countries. My major complaints are of the Bush administration, and the American government in general, the erosion of civil liberties and the christian right which is constantly banging our heads against their bible. It is very hard to get citizenship in another country, so I will remain a US citizen, and just apply for residency once I am ready to start working. So the "advantages" really are just dependent on personal opinion and values, and of course age and family plays a factor. As a single man I am very much interested in the night life.

Places I have considered are:
1. Costa Rica (which reporters without borders gave a higher free press rating then the US)
Cost of living is substantially less. A studio apartment in walking distance from the beach can be had for less than $500/month. Liberal enviroment, with the occasional shake down from the cops resulting in a small fine. Rampant drug use and partying and sexy women galore.

2. Just about anywhere in Europe. Particularly Prague/Paris/Amsterdam

Old 04-06-2004, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I must say that I dont see what is so hot about the US in comparison ....

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to have given you the impression that I have a problem with your stated intention. Sincere apology for giving you that impression as my intent was not to make you defensive. From many of your posts you impress me as being an astute and knowledgable individual and I'm just trying to leverage your research more or less. No joke. I find the subject matter interesting.

[ QUOTE ]
1. Costa Rica (which reporters without borders gave a higher free press rating then the US)
Cost of living is substantially less. A studio apartment in walking distance from the beach can be had for less than $500/month. Liberal enviroment, with the occasional shake down from the cops resulting in a small fine. Rampant drug use and partying and sexy women galore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard a lot of good things about Costa Rica myself. Thanks for the response.

Old 04-06-2004, 12:46 PM

Interesting, thanks for your insight.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all, I must say that I dont see what is so hot about the US in comparison ....

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to have given you the impression that I have a problem with your stated intention. Sincere apology for giving you that impression as my intent was not to make you defensive. From many of your posts you impress me as being an astute and knowledgable individual and I'm just trying to leverage your research more or less. No joke. I find the subject matter interesting.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've heard a lot of good things about Costa Rica myself. Thanks for the response.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didnt get that impression from you. I can see how my wording might have thrown you off though.

I also enjoy your posts, both on these boards and the stock market section.

Owning/buying property in Costa Rica is a hassle from what I have read, especially if you do not plan to live there year round. Costa Rica has squatting laws that allow people to squat on abandoned property, and you would actually have to get a court order for them to leave. The area is also prone to hurricannes, and floods, and there are alot of problems that can occur buying property.
Im also not sure if its the best enviroment for children. Unless they speak spanish they will have to enroll in a private school. But for a single man, or a couple, I think its ideal.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:02 PM

new zealand and austrailia are wonderful places of great beauty and opportunity coupled with vast freedoms. also some of the best weather in the world and night life too in the cities.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:50 PM

Default If you want more freedom..................................

Check out this website:

http://www.lp.org/issues/

I wonder why they are paying over $600,000,000 campaigning for a position that pays $400,000 per year? Do you think either the dems or reps care about an individual voter? They are much more concerned with the PAC committees lining their campaign coffers. Don't let them 'buy your vote' with alot of mud slinging at the other candidate.

Thank you,

Jim Kuhn
Catfish4U
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Old 04-15-2004, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Travel Channel Caves to Bush Administration

This is the kidda nonsense that pisses me off.

I was looking at the WPT site last night an it appears that the WPT has decided to remove every Reference to PartyPoker, UB and Pokerstars.com. I pretty sure this had to have come from goverment pressure, because, I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't of dropped these sponsers on there own.