Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 02-04-2004, 11:34 PM
SamJack SamJack is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: Support say!

I got an e-mail from support acknowledging the problem and that it has now been solved...

[ QUOTE ]
Dear SamJack,

In preparation for a required NETeller upgrade for merchants, we made some modifications to the deposit screen. An error was made asking for the last four digits for ALL NETeller transfers. This is only required for EFT deposits, not for transferring existing NETeller funds to us.
We have corrected this problem, and apologize for the inconvenience to you. Please try your deposit again and let us know if you have any further difficulties.

Kind regards,

Amy Lewis
Accounting Department
Old 02-05-2004, 12:18 AM
bogey bogey is offline
Junior Member

Location: Tahoe and Philadelphia

Thanks for posting the response UB sent you SamJack.

So now this has caused me another problem though. Being that the page just said to enter the four digits associated with the Neteller account, I did thinking it was just a new way to verify my account. So now I had my deposit taken out of my checking account (which is only really used for small expenses) instead of Neteller which had plenty of money to cover it. So now it looks like a previous check might end up bouncing from my checking account due to UB's screw up. So if this does happen what do you think the odds are of me getting some money out of UB to cover my overdraft fees?? Being that they admitted it was their mistake.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:28 AM
Jim Kuhn Jim Kuhn is offline
Senior Member

Location: Midwest, USA

It was not resolved for me. I tried and received the same message. Thanks for the advice of entering 0000 for the bank account. This worked and my deposit and bonus have been credited. I think UB customer service is even WORSE than Party Poker's.
Old 02-05-2004, 12:34 AM
Lori Lori is offline
Senior Member

Location: In cyberspace, no-one can hear your sig.

what do you think the odds are of me getting some money out of UB to cover my overdraft fees?? Being that they admitted it was their mistake.

I think you'll get it if you persist.

Some of UB's staff are very sensible and understanding, some are moronic, if you get the right one you should be okay.

(Try a couple of times and then I can send a couple of names to try a FAO: if this crops up)

Lori
Old 02-05-2004, 03:31 AM
Cosimo Cosimo is offline
Senior Member

Location: Austin, TX

The January 1st deposit bonus WAS labelled as "for initial deposits only"; both the UB main-screen text AND the email stated that it was for initial deposits only.

The mistake UB made was in sending an email to everybody, even those not eligible for the bonus, and burying the "initial deposits only" at the very end of the message. I made a deposit, didn't get a bonus, and then rechecked the email and blamed myself.
Old 02-05-2004, 03:42 AM
Andrew Kinsman Andrew Kinsman is offline
Junior Member

Location: England
Default NETeller say...

I also had this problem, SamJack. Since I wasn't aware of this thread at the time, I wrote to UB support and they referred me to NETeller. Here is UB support's e-mail to me:

Hello,

NETeller has switched to a new version. Starting Feb. 5th you will be able to deposit using your local currency (Canadian dollars, Pounds Sterling, Euros and so on) and when you transfer to us, you will have the money automatically converted to US Dollars. The new specs from members REQUIRE this information. This is a NETeller's policy, not ours, you can contact them at support@neteller.com in order to verify the situation. Now, NETeller has in their specs that the player must enter the last four digits of their bank account number. Again it is their policy and not ours. As far as the balances, this is a code received from NETeller . You will need to contact NETeller to see why they are sending us a code that you do not have the funds available. Please let us knwo if you have further questions. Thank you.

[NAME & POSITION SUPPLlED]

Here is NETeller's response:

Hi Andrew,

'Theres has been a misunderstanding between both parties and we are resolving the problem with Ultimate Bet as we speak...'

I think UB must have completely got the wrong end of the stick!

Anyhow, many thanks to Tachyon for his '0000' work around!

Andrew
Old 02-05-2004, 03:44 AM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

there was nothing that said 'initial deposits only' in the message.
the disclaimer clearly stated it was good for the FIRST deposit made between Dec 15-20 (or whatever the dates were).

i thought they already offered initial-deposit bonuses for new players....so offering a special week in which they can receive the SAME bonus as before would have been pretty redundant.

some reps there thought it was as you described, others thought it was for everyone.
they clearly couldn't get it together and very obviously do NOT communicate very well within their own ranks.

they've been offering reloads to everyone quite consistently now....none of them have been restricted.
Old 02-05-2004, 05:36 AM
TylerD TylerD is offline
Senior Member

Location: UK

I thought it was pretty clear it was for first time deposits.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:16 AM
Tachyon Tachyon is offline
Member

Glad I was of assistance to y'all.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2004, 02:45 PM
HeartsKing HeartsKing is offline
Senior Member

Location: California

I send my thanks, as well. I tried to make my deposit again, yesterday, after being unsucessful the day before. I did notice that they added a note which stated that you were to leave the last 4 digits of the bank account field empty unless you were making a instacash deposit; however leaving it blank didn't work. So, the "0000" did the trick.