Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: NCAAB Unranked vs Ranked 12/17 ???

looking bad for us today...wow, UCLA cant miss a 3 and michigan cant make 1...the story of college basketball
Old 12-17-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Why wasn\'t the Louisville/Kentucky game on this list?

Ranked on the road, unranked is favored.... why didn't you save me a bet by including Louisville vs. Kentucky? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I took Michigan at -6. Iowa St opened as a dog, so I guessed that it wasn't a play under your system. I passed on Miss as well.
Old 12-17-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Why wasn\'t the Louisville/Kentucky game on this list?

[ QUOTE ]
Ranked on the road, unranked is favored.... why didn't you save me a bet by including Louisville vs. Kentucky?

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a real good reason for this.

Both teams are ranked.
Old 12-17-2005, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ouch, line move killed me...could only get it at -8 but I figured I'd throw 1 unit on it for the sake of the system...I gotta start getting out of bed earlier.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt this system is +EV in the long run if you would lay an extra 2.5 pts every time...I would have stayed away if you didn't get a bet in early.
Old 12-17-2005, 10:53 PM

Here's a play I'm playing tonight that follows the unranked-ranked general logic (but doesn't fall under the system).

UNLV -1.5 vs Texas Tech
UNLV hasn't been good in years. They have lost 5 games in a row and are 2-5 on the year. Meanwhile Bob Knight's Texas Tech is a public team that went to the Sweet Sixteen last year. They are not off to a great start but they have a winning record and they played Wake Forest pretty close. Surely they're not going to lose tonight on national TV to crappy UNLV team right? How the hell is UNLV favored here? 2/3 of all bettors think the linesmakers have got it wrong and are betting on Tech. My money's going the other way.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:50 AM

thanks for the good pick.
my knowledge of ncaa hoops lacks depth. I looked at the game because of this post. Did not bet on it before the game started but watch some during the NFL comercials. Then at half seen it was tied so checked the line. Was schocked to see UNLV -1 +145 jumped right on it blind for 1.5 Units seemed like a great value, glad I read this and missed the start [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Why wasn\'t the Louisville/Kentucky game on this list?

[quote
There's a real good reason for this.

Both teams are ranked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw your other reply- I didn't check the polls and only Louisville had the ranking listed in the banner during the play of the game.

That will teach me to bet in a rush on something I don't know anything about. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

NoChance, my apologies. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I should have trusted that you would have listed all applicable games.
Old 12-18-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
YTD: 3-1

[/ QUOTE ]

Now 3-3, because Iowa St wasn't a play, right?
[ QUOTE ]

(5) Memphis
Mississippi

(14) UCLA
Michigan

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-18-2005, 02:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
thanks for the good pick.
my knowledge of ncaa hoops lacks depth. I looked at the game because of this post. Did not bet on it before the game started but watch some during the NFL comercials. Then at half seen it was tied so checked the line. Was schocked to see UNLV -1 +145 jumped right on it blind for 1.5 Units seemed like a great value, glad I read this and missed the start [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah, Tech shot something like 70% for most of the 1st half. Came down to around 60% by the half. UNLV was around 35%. Yet the game was still tied. Final shooting % was a more even 55/45 and UNLV came away with the easy W.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
YTD: 3-1

[/ QUOTE ]

Now 3-3, because Iowa St wasn't a play, right?
[ QUOTE ]

(5) Memphis
Mississippi

(14) UCLA
Michigan

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

3-2. Miss was NOT a play