Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-13-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Mario Kart 64 drinking game

[ QUOTE ]
Loser of race must do a shot of named liquor.

[/ QUOTE ]
This sucks because the winning player is presumably better, and the distribution of alcohol according to finish will just widen the gap in skill.

The WINNER should have to drink. The playing field eventually evens out (see my prev post).
Old 12-13-2005, 03:17 PM

http://www.ikitchenandhome.com/shgldrchset.html
Old 12-13-2005, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This sucks because the winning player is presumably better, and the distribution of alcohol according to finish will just widen the gap in skill.

The WINNER should have to drink. The playing field eventually evens out (see my prev post).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty counter-intuitive. In most/all other drinking games, the loser of whatever always drinks.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty counter-intuitive. In most/all other drinking games, the loser of whatever always drinks.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's because most drinking games don't involve subtle motor skills. Dice, cards, beerpong, beirut, etc; getting moderately drunk won't hinder your abilities.

For videogames, if you get wasted and are the worse player when sober, you stand no chance.

Also, the objective of drinking games is to get everybody trashed, and secondarily to establish social dominance; making the loser drink in video games will just make one guy really [censored] up and the rest sober.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the fact that losing a couple times could doom the lesser player to being the only one drinking would make this game much less fun.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an even better idea:

Winner of battle-mode must assign shots based upon how many balloons he or she has left.

If you're the bomb and you kill a player, you get to make them do a shot.

Anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a great idea. Seriously, genius level. It also makes me sad how terrible battle mode is in Mario KartD. No bomb, what were they thinking?
Old 12-13-2005, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but the fact that losing a couple times could doom the lesser player to being the only one drinking would make this game much less fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, I definitely understand that argument. But even in beer pong, the better the other side plays, the more you drink, thus hurting your aim. So why not make the person who actually gets the ball in the cup drink it? Certainly then this would compensate for his better aim and even out the playing field. It's the same logic...but really, that's just not how it goes.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True, I definitely understand that argument. But even in beer pong, the better the other side plays, the more you drink, thus hurting your aim. So why not make the person who actually gets the ball in the cup drink it? Certainly then this would compensate for his better aim and even out the playing field. It's the same logic...but really, that's just not how it goes.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you just skip over my response to you? Beirut is not complex; getting drunk will not seriously hinder your ability to throw a pingpong ball 6 feet into a plastic cup. Getting drunk will pretty quickly reduce your chances of hitting the shortcuts on various MarioCart courses, dodging bananas, and so forth.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Did you just skip over my response to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, yes, I did accidentally skip over your response. My appologies - you make a valid point.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:45 PM

4 people
Many pints of beer

1. Play heads up, 2 laps. At the end of teh first lap both players give up the controllers and have to chug a half-pint, first person to finsh gets to make a new rule and the second finisher has to chug an additional half-pint.

2. As soon as the lap is done and the first 2 guys are off to chug pints the other 2 finish the second lap and do the same.

The teams stay the same, and only rule is the rules have to get crazier and if anyone loses three times in a row they have to play as princess.

Just made that up off the top of my head, could be fun.