Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2005, 02:26 PM

Default ABSOLUTE LAST CLARIFICATION OF THE RULES (EDITED!!!)

So in light of all these comments and the backlash against my change in the structure (which I was not aware was so extreme), here is the ABSOLUTE LAST WORD:
1) Games can be played anywhere as long as it's play money and heads up. UltimateBet has HU tables but there's always a waiting list and the lowest you can play is 10/20 which makes starting off with 200BBs hard to manage because they only give you 1000 chips at first.
I recommend PokerStars. They have 5/10 games and you still start off with 1000 chips in your account so it's easier to start off with 200BBs and there's always one empty table. These games are full ring but just ask people to let you play heads up.
This is the only way the games will run somewhat efficiently.
2) As per ML4L's post, "Each player starts with 200 BB and MUST reload once falling below 100 BB. First player to win 300 BB from his opponent is the winner."

It is up to you to determine how to get at 200BBs to start-this will probably involve chip-dumping early. The problem with reloading is that the tables will only allow you to reload UP to 100BBs so here is my only modification of ML4L's suggestion:
You can rebuy as many times as you want so long as you only rebuy for a total of 100BBs. Before reloading, notify your opponent so that he can see it coming. Keep a little notepad file open so you can note each add-on of both you and your opponent.

Finally, PM mikech and ask him to transfer you 3000 in UB playmoney chips. This will make playing on UltimateBet possible

I await flaming of these new rules, but they're the ones we're going to stick with unless I get another flurry of "if we do this I'm out of the tourney." As it is, games can begin MONDAY NIGHT
Old 12-10-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: ABSOLUTE LAST CLARIFICATION OF THE RULES

thanks man, everything's crystal clear now and in writing for people to refer to.....what date should our first round match be finished by?.....

EDIT: an addition to your Pokerstars suggestion is that if the two opponents know people who are going to want to sweat their match (or if they just announce the time/date on 2+2), we can get the sweaters to occupy seats at the Pokerstars table and be "dealt out" - thus enabling the match to be played heads up uninterrupted....PLUS, we can use the sweaters to help in chip dumping if need be (i.e. - I start with my 200bb but get down to 150 and want to reload, I get one of the sweaters to dump me 50bb or even the full 100bb rebuy and both my opponent and I take note of it....).....like you said, the actual how and when of the rebuy is somewhat inconsequential so long as we have the option whenever we want and we must win 300bb.....
Old 12-10-2005, 02:53 PM

If the pokerstars rebuy trick works on the playmoney tables as well, that would be perfect way to get up to 200bb
Old 12-10-2005, 02:59 PM

I don't see what's hard to manage about getting play chips on UB. Why can't you just do this?

just have both players sit at a HU table. Have them both go all-in every hand. UB will automatically re-credit the loser with 1k chips. Do this until there's 8k chips on the table, then chip dump between the two until both have 4k, or 200 bbs. then play your game.

The re-buy makes it a little difficult, but you could do this: Say after a pot player A has 1k and B has 7k. Now you have to dance to get an additional 100bbs (2k) on the table for player A. Player A bets 990, B goes all-in, A folds, then both players go in until A busts and is recredited with 1k. A again bets 990, B raises, A folds, both players go all-in until A busts and is recredited. Now A has 1k, B has 9k. B bets 990, A goes all-in, B folds. B bets 1010, A goes all in, B folds. Now, A should have 3k and B 7k, and the rebuy is complete. and the game can continue.

Am i missing something?
Old 12-10-2005, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see what's hard to manage about getting play chips on UB. Why can't you just do this?

just have both players sit at a HU table. Have them both go all-in every hand. UB will automatically re-credit the loser with 1k chips. Do this until there's 8k chips on the table, then chip dump between the two until both have 4k, or 200 bbs. then play your game.

The re-buy makes it a little difficult, but you could do this: Say after a pot player A has 1k and B has 7k. Now you have to dance to get an additional 100bbs (2k) on the table for player A. Player A bets 990, B goes all-in, A folds, then both players go in until A busts and is recredited with 1k. A again bets 990, B raises, A folds, both players go all-in until A busts and is recredited. Now A has 1k, B has 9k. B bets 990, A goes all-in, B folds. B bets 1010, A goes all in, B folds. Now, A should have 3k and B 7k, and the rebuy is complete. and the game can continue.

Am i missing something?

[/ QUOTE ]

If UB never stops giving you 1K more in play money, it doesn't seem like you're missing anything. Coltrane's suggestion with the sweaters is difficult to pull off because they'd have to post blinds from time to time which would skew the amount of BBs in play
Old 12-10-2005, 03:34 PM

I just tried going all in on a full play money table, and UB wouldn't give me additional play chips until i left the table, so this might not work.

hrmm....
Old 12-10-2005, 03:54 PM

btw good luck doing play money at a full ring table by having people sit out etc. I tried playing my friend hu, and within 1 minute the table was full of random people playing.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:56 PM

I am waiting for an e-mail back from Lee Jones. There is a chance they might help us out. Either they'll allow us to create private tables and give us the requisite number of chips/rebuys/starting stacks, or they will set up the tourney as a one day huge event which plays out until someone wins.

I understand that people are getting impatient, so maybe we could use PokerStars for the next tourney that we have. I'll post as soon as I have a response from Lee Jones.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:36 PM

Default Re: ABSOLUTE LAST CLARIFICATION OF THE RULES (EDITED!!!)

[ QUOTE ]
As it is, games can begin MONDAY NIGHT

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-10-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Re: ABSOLUTE LAST CLARIFICATION OF THE RULES (EDITED!!!)

also, when sitting at a full table on stars with people sitting out, are the blinds backwards, or in proper hu position?

i will be playing my matches on ub anyhow, but i thought i would throw that out there.