Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-09-2005, 09:22 PM

Default QQ !

BB has tagish stats but I dont know if he plays well. My image is poor.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (3 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Re: QQ !

Okay. Giving away free cards in your situation is not terrible. You could be beaten badly or they could be drawing quite live to a flush draw, and you aren't gonna be getting them out.

I still like a bet though. Everyone might fold, and you don't want to give free cards to some Kx. If raised, I might peel for the backdoor flush and Q outs. It's better that you have the Q diamonds, so you have a full 2 outs for the Qs. Given the times that he c/r you with only a flush draw, you still have a decent equity edge, which I think makes it a call.

Given the way you played it, turn and river look good. Next time bet the flop.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:02 PM

Bet the flop ? , rest is ok.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:15 PM

I bet that flop and expect to take it down a lot. The times I don't I expect to play poker. Your line is really wierd. Are you hoping to induce bets from weaker hands/save bets against an ace?

What happens when you are bet into on the turn and you don't turn your draw? You call down? I'm not sure I understand.

Krishan
Old 12-09-2005, 10:17 PM

i like the flop check if you feel required to take this hand to the showdown facing a flop checkraise. i think in most situations you can just give up after checkraised but if you dont think so in this spot because of your image the flop check is nice. besides a king there really arent any cards that could kill your hand on the turn. free cards arent dangerous and youll gain value when your opponents pick up a turned pair.

the flop check is genius if you feel uncomfortable when facing a checkraise. unfortunately checking the flop commits you to seeing a showdown barring you dont have to face 2bets on the following streets. betting lets you find out where you stand right off the bat and lets you find out about your hand for less than 2BB in most cases.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:20 PM

i did in fact feel uncomfortable folding to a checkraise, that is why I mentioned my image in the post
Old 12-09-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My image is poor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, my area of expertise [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I would still bet the flop. If you are that uncomfortable folding to a checkraise then just call the raiser down if it the other guy folds. If neither of them folds, you can save some chips by checking behind on the turn and then letting their river actions dictate your decision. The information you will gain for one small bet seems worthwhile. I think it is a false economy to put yourself in a situation where you have to pay off two big bets in the name of saving one small one. Then again, you know better than I do. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Cartman