Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-09-2005, 01:21 AM

Default river spewage?

UTG here is is 35/9/1 and pretty straight forward.
CO lives under the sea, 68/7/.6

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

River: (16.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB
Old 12-09-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: river spewage?

after calling 2 on the flop, UTG checkraises a field of 3 other players on the turn. do you think there is enough value in a raise on the river against his range of hands? i just call.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:57 AM

if he hadnt checkraised the flop then maybe. but i dont think this is worth it
Old 12-09-2005, 02:04 AM

ok, i didnt see the action that utg gave, im just calling the river here. with his cr, and the sb still overcalling your lucky to be good here...
Old 12-09-2005, 02:07 AM

UTG's turn CR is a strong move from a weak player. What do you put him on that you beat? KT or some other junk Kx? Given his stats it looks like he's trying to play right and isn't being very successful. As opposed to CO for example who's clearly here to gambol. If he's thinking at all, he's not bluffing in this spot. I'd just call the river and hope that SB calls with what ever junk he has.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:15 AM

I'd say that it's not worth raising in either location, but unless you put him on exactly J3 what advantage does raising the river have over raising the turn? You'll put in the same number of bets even when you get capped and have to peel, but if he is semibluffing a worse hand then he'll you pay off on the turn but not the riv.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:49 AM

it was K3 more than J3 that was on my mind, not even being worried about CO thus getting 2-1, and having zero chance of being raised off the winner. these were the things going I was thinking when I raised

had a feeling it was spewage though
Old 12-09-2005, 02:59 AM

I just call the river here and hope not to see A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]