Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-02-2005, 10:10 AM

Default Wow. Just, wow. (or, MySpace never fails to deliver the crazy.)

First off, yes, this is jacked from a SomethingAwful thread. I don't regularly read there, but happened to wander my way over this morning for some reason.

Apparently some emo teen sent out the following bulletin to all his MySpace friends:

[ QUOTE ]
Date: Nov 29, 2005 8:14 AM
Subject: do me a favore....
Body: call the police.
adress: Abadejo, Mission Viejo, CA 92692.
tell them to go down the hall to the bathrooom.
im soo sorry<3

[/ QUOTE ]

There's now 3 pages of RIP comments from his 500 friends. So far no one at SA was able to confirm or refute that this is a for-real internet suicide. But it'd take one hell of a lot of work to fake all these comments, so I'm assuming that they're real, and since it's been a couple days since the message you'd think something somewhere would note if he didn't succeed, or if he faked it.

As for my personal feelings on it, suicide in general isn't something to be taken lightly, either in response to a suicide or dealing with the issue in general. But just looking at this guy's photos, and MySpace, he definitely falls into the pathetic EMOKID template. So as for this specific instance, I cannot help but agree with this SA post:

[ QUOTE ]
Please. We're not talking about Mary [censored]' Poppins going through a sudden and anomalous bout of depression after losing a particularly adorable puppy or something. We're talking about someone who went way the [censored] out of their way to make being sad his hobby. Every time his mom took him to the Gap, he'd veto every shirt she wanted him to try on, saying he wanted, `A sadder one'. Each week he'd ask his barber---sorry, his hair [censored] stylist or, Angels and Ministers of Grace preserve us, his coiffure chauffeur---to make his hair just a little bit sadder. He spent most of his time on his sad little MySpace page exchanging sad thoughtlets with his sad friends, arranging times to have sad meetings at their favourite sad club where they could sadly shake their sad hair at each other while doing their sad dances. Every night he'd probably have a sad little orgasm while sadly beating off his sad little cock, imagining his sad non-girlfriend sadly putting on enough sad, black eyeliner to make Alice [censored]' Cooper shake his head sadly.

In other words: No. This is not just a case of someone being dissatisfied with their material comforts. This is a [censored]' pro-league collector-of-sad completing his [censored]' sad collection. Picture me doing the goddamn hamster dance on his grave. De de do do do-do do-do, you dead, sad, dumb [censored], you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-02-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Wow. Just, wow. (or, MySpace never fails to deliver the crazy.)

If he really went to the HS that he lists on mysapce, google news hasn't heard anything about his offing himself.

The comments left are just so painfully vapid. Man kids are dumb.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The comments left are just so painfully vapid. Man kids are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are 2+2ers. Read the old Ryan_21 suicide thread. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2005, 10:23 AM

Running his name through Google News doesn't turn up anything either. Weird. Hard to believe that that many comments are fake though, especially given he's had a profile since May 2004 and had a ton of comments before this.

And yes. While I won't mock anyone for grieving over a friend's suicide, dear [censored] god are these people stupid in they go about expressing themselves.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:54 AM

That SA post you quoted is hilarious, so was most of the SA thread. Good stuff.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:55 AM

wtf is an Emokid?
Old 12-02-2005, 10:56 AM

Madtown- I would never underestimate the kind of groupthink that would make people just pile on the comments with him not being dead.

Again, KIDS ARE DUMB.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:15 AM

Vapid. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Old 12-02-2005, 11:16 AM

Reminds me of the infamous case of "Whitey", who was well known on the counter-strike scene, IIRC. His brother one day informed the community on a message board that he has sadly been killed in a motorbike accident. The outpouring of grief on an internet message board was really quite touching.

A year later, Whitey posts again "OMGLOLROFL I've been travelling for the last year, HHAHAHAH".
Old 12-02-2005, 11:37 AM

In the psychology forum there's at least one poster a week claiming to be contemplating suicide. Usually it's as a result of having lost vast sums at money at some form of card game whose name I can't recall...

A few posters spend a lot of time and effort trying to talk these guys out of it. I never reply to such threads, but I commend their efforts.

What turns my stomach are the people who reply with stuff like "Yeah, you should definitely kill yourself, it's the only way out" and such. Even if you assume that most of the "contemplating suicide" posters are trolls, there are bound to be a few who are real.