Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-29-2005, 08:13 PM

Default HU MHNL TOURNEY TAKE 2...LET\'S DO THIS

I think this is the best structure. I realize all of these could be tweaked in some way but you can't please everybody and this is the best possible compromise IMO. Also, when running this tourney it will in no way be associated with 2+2. The subject line is just to get attention.

Structure

32 Players. $1500 each.

Single Elimination 32-man tourney. The bracket will be formed after signups and will be randomly generated.

Each player starts off with 200BB and each player has a one-time only 100BB rebuy available after dipping down below 100BB. When a player gets to 0, he or she loses.

Money issues

There will be 8 people holding money who will be assigned 4 participants whose money they will collect. They will then distribute the money when the tourney is over. Once these assignments are made, all transactions should be figured out through PM. The 8 people are:
1) CaptZeebo
2) James282
3) Jason Strasser (strassa2)
4) AJo Go All In
5) Yeti
6) AZK
7) FSUPlayer
8) Foxwoods Fiend

Participants
I am writing this based on the last thread. IF I HAVE YOU AS PLAYING AND YOU DO NOT WANT TO PLAY IN THIS STRUCTURE PLEASE PM ME ASAP. Similarly, if you previously gave a "maybe" and now want to play, let me know. If I have you as a back-up, I am simply unfamiliar with you. No disrespect-feel free to PM me if you think you deserve priority. If you do think you deserve back-up status you should still PM me to confirm interest.
IF YOU ARE NOT ON ANY LIST AND WANT TO PLAY PM ME.

I will post the officially registered list as well as assign money collectors to each participant on Saturday.

IN (28 participants):
ML4l
Chuddo
Flawless Victory
durrrr
vanVeen
FSUplayer
HoldEmKillah
FoxwoodsFiend
Thebruiser500
Yeti
El Diablo
Matt Flynn
AZK
Thabadguy
etizzle
Prevaricator
DonButtons
Coltrane
AJoGoAllIn
Raptor517
cwl
Apathy
Whitelime
LarryDavid
KKF123
neon
Strassa
fslexduck

Tentative (3):
AceHisStation
TurnipMonster
TheTruth
edge

Back-ups (5):
Stoxtrader
JaBlue
Thatwackokid
Cyberstack
JCMoussa

Payouts

32-17: 0
16-9: 750
8-5: 2500
4-3: 6500
2: 8000
1: 11000
Schedule

Once the final list is released, people will PM their assigned collector and transfer that person $1500. Once I have received confirmation that all the $ is in, I will release the brackets. I am going to cut up slips and draw them out of a hat and assign seeding in the order I drew the name. If anybody is worried that I would assign myself a favorable bracket, I can have the drawing with AJo Go All In as a witness but hopefully this won't be necessary.

After each match is announced, players will have 1 week to finish their match. 1 round a week every week. The tournament will be suspended from Dec. 23 until January 4th so that holiday plans don't interfere.

Where to play

I don't know. I'm going to e-mail the head of TruePoker to see if they can guarantee us HU Play Money Tables for a small fee. If so, I will announce the fee and we can discuss either adding it to everybody's buy-in or taking it from the top few finishers (it should be small enough that nobody should mind this if winning a nice chunk of change).

I am unfamiliar with non-Party Poker sites. I hope that the rest of this thread will be a discussion of this logistical issue. In responding to this thread, please err on the side of PMing me instead of cluttering this thread with "I'm in" or "I don't like this aspect of it." I want this thread to stay relatively short so that people don't give up on the whole thing.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:17 PM

Default Re: 2+2 HU NL TOURNEY TAKE 2...LET\'S DO THIS

good work. hopefully you can work out where it is going to be played. holiday suspension was a good call as well.

payouts?

*edit* will the final 4 and championship match also be slightly deeper than the regular matches?

also will the semi-final losers play another match to determine 3rd place? or will 3rd = 4th in money?
Old 11-29-2005, 08:20 PM

also, you have to remove 2+2 from the title of the tourney, which is why i went with MHNL Heads-Up Invitational.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:47 PM

i dunno, 300 BB could take a sick amount of time, depending on what the matchup is. I dont think the finals and semis should be any deeper.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:53 PM

hey chuddo, I must say, your old avatar was far better.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Each player starts off with 200BB and each player has a one-time only 100BB rebuy available after dipping down below 100BB. When a player gets to 0, he or she loses.

[/ QUOTE ]

can you clarify this?....the sentence I put in bold doesn't really make sense given the previous sentences.....

i.e. - if we get down to 101BB, we cannot rebuy, correct?...but if we now go all-in and lose, can we rebuy? (because we're now at zero but have not used our rebuy)....

I'm assuming you just mean both players start with 200BB but are allowed another 100BB to add-on anytime they get below 100BB (regardless of how far below), and the match is over once all 300BB are lost by one player.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno, 300 BB could take a sick amount of time, depending on what the matchup is. I dont think the finals and semis should be any deeper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can you clarify this?....the sentence I put in bold doesn't really make sense given the previous sentences.....

i.e. - if we get down to 101BB, we cannot rebuy, correct?...but if we now go all-in and lose, can we rebuy? (because we're now at zero but have not used our rebuy)....

I'm assuming you just mean both players start with 200BB but are allowed another 100BB to add-on anytime they get below 100BB (regardless of how far below), and the match is over once all 300BB are lost by one player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, you're right. My fault
Old 11-29-2005, 09:07 PM

pretty disappointing that this isn't winner take all
Old 11-29-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pretty disappointing that this isn't winner take all

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty disappointing 9-16 gets half a buyin back. make it a full one or nothing. half is dumb. holla