Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker

Old 11-27-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Home Game in Martinsburg WV

I am going to be starting a game on Thursday's. It will be a 10/20 game, with two rounds of Hold'em and 1 round of Omaha High.

The game will start at noon. The big difference in this game, as compared to all the other games in this area, is that the rake will be a max of $3.00. In addition, there will be no rake until there is at least $50 in the pot, which, at that time $2.00 will be dropped. This promotes heads-up play, leaving the only reason for someone to chop: Because they just don't want to play heads-up.

With the rake like this, if everyone folds to the Button, who raises and the SB folds and the BB calls, there is $45 in the pot. Now there is no rake until there is another bet and a call. In the other games, the house would take $2.00 at that point.

All the games in this area take a 5%/$5.00 rake. My game saves the players (over 12 hours, based on 30 hands per hr) as much as $720.00.

That is a helluva lot of money left on the table belonging to the players, instead of going to the house.

How can I do this? Because I am not serving food, only snacks and drinks. If the players want pizza or subs, they pay for it themselves.

There will also be no promotions, or kickbacks, in the form of player appreciation tournaments, or prizes for picking the winning team in a sporting event, or coming to my game for a certain number of times, as is done in some of the other games. My promotion is the max $3 rake, which saves the players as much as $720.00 every Thursday!

If you're interested, send me a PM. The game will be at my house, which is about 1 mile from exit 12 from I81.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:27 PM

Default Re: Home Game in Martinsburg WV

omw with a shotgun
Old 11-30-2005, 10:04 AM

Ok. I've had 1 serious reply from someone in my area. This game will be a go after the new year.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:21 AM

a heads up home game with a rake?