Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-22-2005, 02:36 AM

Default Re: Big pot with TT on QQ board.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As always, just ignore me. The push is for $80. I now understand what you were doing. I'm not sure I agree, but I've already invalidated my opinion anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I agree either. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it now too. I wish I could quickly logically deduce opponents' hand ranges at the table like that.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As always, just ignore me. The push is for $80. I now understand what you were doing. I'm not sure I agree, but I've already invalidated my opinion anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure I agree either. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see it now too. I wish I could quickly logically deduce opponents' hand ranges at the table like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could too. Fortunatly I only have to post the hands where I play correctly (results oriented style).
Old 11-22-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What hands make a mistake against you on the river? After taking a glance at the stack sizes it's not as bad as it looks at first, but I still don't get it. Normally you bluff if you can't win by checking... representing a hand that's just a little bit better than what you actually hold is a recipe for making -EV bets. Did you actually expect him to call with something worse? Or you were making this (small?!) bet to somehow move him off of exactly AA/KK/JJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet is $80, pot is $250... you don't think 88 or 99 can find a call here? I think I am behind after this action just about never.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be amazed to see them call.

I played a somewhat similar hand last week. I'd raised to $14 UTG with KK, and it was folded to the BB who called. Notes from a previous session say "very tight" and so far in this session that's seemed to have been the case as well. My image is basically TAG. Flop is QQ7 rainbow and she leads right out and I call pretty quickly. Turn is a rag and she fires out again about 4/5 pot or so. I call again. River is another queen and she checks. I can find absolutely no value in betting here and check behind. She shows 65s. My read was that her two most likely hands were 77 or nothing, and she doesn't call with either of them.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My read was that her two most likely hands were 77 or nothing, and she doesn't call with either of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I push all in every time in that spot. No way are you beat given that action, sometimes tight players play mid pockets this way, plus even if they do fold they get no info about how you play your big pairs.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My read was that her two most likely hands were 77 or nothing, and she doesn't call with either of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I push all in every time in that spot. No way are you beat given that action, sometimes tight players play mid pockets this way, plus even if they do fold they get no info about how you play your big pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he's an aggro player who I am going to see on a regular basis I would want them to think I can't fold my big pairs.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:11 AM

Sometimes people really do check the nuts to you on the river though. A queen seemed very unlikely, but not impossible. Betting just seemed -EV. And getting to see her cards seemed pretty cool. 65s and 77 both look the same when she folds, but finding out for sure what she has could potentially come in handy in the future.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but finding out for sure what she has could potentially come in handy in the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same could be said in the reverse direction.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:43 AM

A lot of players wouldn't reraise jacks preflop, and a lot of players wouldn't call on the river with 88-99. It's a pretty thin value bet on the river, I am not sure if it's +EV. I wouldn't mind seeing his cards though, that's +EV for sure.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:04 AM

Xorbie,

Villian is obviously agressive. What made you decide that you were ahead? Of all the(limited) times I have called/3bet here, I am always shown a queen. I agree that he is unlikely to have a big pair, but why no queen? Shouldn't a queen checkraise the pot in an effort to build it(so it doesn't get checked behind on the turn, and then a $35 bet on the river)?

Jason
Old 11-22-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but why no queen?

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I would think someone with a queen would smooth call hoping to be up against AA or KK. Or atleast see the bet as coninuation and hope if they call he'll fire again on the turn.
Personally if I had AQ here I would wait until the turn for my raise, try to get him more committed to this pot.