Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 05:56 AM

Default Re: Losing Weight Fast

Just eat healthy and excersize a lot during the next few weeks. Starting 5-7 days prior to the weigh in go on a liquid diet. Just juice, water and lots of vitamins. 24 hours before the weigh in, dehydrate yourself. Very little water, nothing else. You will gain a lot back afterwards but you will win the bet. Try to vomit, take a big [censored], and shave your head and body before the weigh-in
Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 AM

I lost a lot of weight fast, but have to confess that I have put some back on again. Keeping it off is the tricky part.

This is how I did it:
- at the time I was exercising for 1 hour per day cycling to work and back.
- I cut out the following from my diet: carbs, cheese, sweets, fizzy drinks, low quality meat eg burgers, fried food generally
- and when i did eat i didn't eat very much
- however at the time I was still drinking a lot of alcohol
- and once a week i would have a blow out where i could eat ANYTHING i wanted
- drink a lot of water because it fills you up but obvioulsy has no calorie content

To put it back on, just reverse the process [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 AM

don't be fat
Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 AM

Good luck, just do what Blarg is going to say. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2005, 06:07 AM

You lose fat 3x as efficent when you run (any distance) in the morning instantly when you wake up as opposed to any other time that day.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sleep on a damp mattress. I lost 14 lbs in 3 days using this method. (I was also hospitalized, so make sure you have health insurance, or it could be -EV).

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]Time out! Sorry for the hijack but I have to ask some follow-up questions here. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

1) Why was the mattress damp for 3 days? Was this some sort of treatment technique? If the answer is YES, skip question 2 and go directly to question 3. If the answer is NO goto question 2.

2) Assuming the answer to question 1 was NO, how did it get wet (I'm hoping the answer is sweat.)? Were there no nurses or orderlies to change the sheets?

3) Assuming the answer to question 1 is YES, If you don't mind me asking, what was this a treatment for? Fever or another temperature related ailment? I can't think of any other reason to have damp mattress on purpose (and yes, I googled several variants of hospital, mattress, damp).

Again sorry for the hijack and thanks!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:33 AM

Maybe he caught pnemonia(sp?) or something?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:35 AM

tapeworms are your friend.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 AM

Yeah, I caught pneumonia.

I came home for christmas and my parents had lots of people staying that year, so my old room was already occupied. I slept on a mattress in the semi-finished basement. Unfortunately, prior to my arrival, the mattress had been stored in the garage and had gotten a bit damp. It wasn't soaked, it just felt cold, which, as it had been in a garage, seemed reasonable. I just threw some sheets on it and passed out. I felt like crap the next day, but thought I was just coming down with the flu or something, I'd just been on a 26 hour, three flight journey home. Still, the mattress just seemed cold, which, as it was in a semi finished basement, seemed reasonable. So I slept on it a second night. The second day I'd already experienced noticeable weight loss and I was hospitalized that afternoon (december 23rd!) Some smart relative thought to remove the sheets and check the mattress and determined it was indeed damp.

Anyways, I was put on IV, spent the night in the hospital, lost some more weight before stabilizing and was released Christmas morning. Gained back most of the weight over the next week.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:53 AM

Wow, thanks! I misunderstood that you were sleeping on the damp mattress in the hospital and couldn't for the life of me figure why the hospital would do that. Thanks again!