Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 11-18-2005, 11:34 AM

Default Re: one pair, insanely huge pot

You have to fold, even AA looks bad here it appears that someone has hit a set or at least KK with all that action there is a zero % chance your ahead.... Fold, then take a shot or puke because that sucks (not your fault)
Old 11-18-2005, 11:48 AM

MP's reraise makes me think that he has a hand that doesn't want overcalls, and thus a hand that you're probably beating. CO's call doesn't mean much... probably that he's on a draw and is being priced in by all of the money in the pot. I think I call and then fire a safe turn again.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pass, MP should not be bluffing into a dry sidepot, and CO can't be bluffing when he cold calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 11-18-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing you have to think about is this. What sort of hand is MP limping here that he is willing to raise knowing he is very likely to get called by any legitimate hand hero has (he essentially just minraised).

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree a little bit here....if MP knows that UTG is a donkey, then I think he could be making this move with something as week as TPTK or an overpair smaller than queens, like 88 or 99. Yes his raise is just a "minraise" but he's facing the field with calling a raise and a reraise cold....that's a lot different than min-raising someone who's already bet....UTG is all in so he has already essentially "called" the minraise but that kind of action might be enough to isolate against UTG who he knows is a donkey....if he can fold out hands that have him beat here, then he can isolate against the horrible player and likely win a nice pot....if MP just calls the UTG all-in then there is no way he can isolate and he would very likely face a re-raise...this way he has folding equity and it's fairly considerable...look at how we are all saying that hero should fold...CO has the monster, not MP.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call. Push a non-2 or 7 turn. Diamond turn is a little tricky. I probably push, but might c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you high or drunk read it again. CO just cold call an all in and a min raise he reaks of a set or made hand. No way QQ is good here? I would even be inclined to fold AA here....
Old 11-18-2005, 03:14 PM

I'm high and drunk. But if you think QQ is never good here, you are wrong.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:43 PM

this is a really interesting hand. In it I would undoubtedly fold like a puss but I think there are alot of things going on and a call/AI might be in order. My thought is that the reraise is likely a small overpair that you beat. You said he's lag, and he limped preflop. A draw would most likely fold and a set would bet bigger I think (unless you feel he's thoughtful enough to discount you being on a FD here so he's not worried about laying you the wrong odds). He clearly wants to shut out the players behind him so it's likely he has a vulnerable hand. If you think he will assume you're not on a FD, I would be inclined to fold as his bet has little fold equity. And the short stack probably has the FD. I'd be interested to see the results eventually
Old 11-18-2005, 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm high and drunk. But if you think QQ is never good here, you are wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

your behind here 98% of the time at most. CO cold called. He has a monster nobody has the stones to cold call there with less than a set . QQ is no good there. Like I said, i'd be highly likly to dump AA. Calling there is just chip spewing....
PS I wanna get whatever potion your taking that makes you assume your ahead here.....
Old 11-18-2005, 03:55 PM

OMFG. "No one has the stones to cold call here." Yeah, it takes a ton of stones to cold call here with a draw just like the huge fish that he probably is. Not everyone is trapping with a monster (which would make no sense to do on this board anyways), most people who flat call are on draws.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:57 PM

this one should be marked for the digest