Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Worse hands will fold, better hands will call....

I like your play in the first hand. But I disagree with this: If he has QQ, JJ, or AK then I win about $200 on this hand. If he has AA or TT, I lose $400:

worse hands will call in this spot.

In the 2nd hand I'm pushing preflop. If they fold to my push, fine--I'm happy to win it. I am time and again pleasantly shocked by what hands will decide to call a preflop all in--especially when the action has gone raise, reraise, push.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: Worse hands will fold, better hands will call....

[ QUOTE ]
Yours is about big hands though I think the solution is to bluff more if you really dont get calls from medium hands in these situations...

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem though is that I think each time there's a pretty significant chance that I'm up against a big hand which will not fold.

For example, when I raise to $25 from the bb and bet the flop against two players, everyone knows I'm representing an overpair. Now and then someone will chase a draw, or they'll decide to put me on AK (hey, it's a hand they can beat!) but usually hands that I beat fold. Against a deeper stack I'd give up if I have to put much more money in the pot, but with his shortstack I felt pretty much stuck. Pushing there with a bluff (AK) would not be profitable IMO, because I'll get called drawing dead so often.