Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 03:40 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Fish food: or why do I suck so bad

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why this hand shows you suck????

[/ QUOTE ]

Well in general the cold call, call,call, call line tends to point to a terrible sucking chest wound of a leak. Thus the title.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually think folding the turn is the play here.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine that the key to this line is that you figure that UTG+1 (given his stats) would probably not follow through with a turn bet without a pair here.

Then I dig. That read has to be pretty damn precise in a pot of this size, in my opinion.

Another thing to consider is that raising the turn might sometimes (not often, but sometimes) encourage UTG+1 to fold a better pair.

I definitely don't like a flop raise. I don't like simply calling the turn. So it comes down to "call flop, raise turn" and "call flop, fold turn," and the difference between the two is almost entirely read-based.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should probably give the rest of his stats.

Continuation bets over 1875 hands are 100% I don't view his turn continuations, 40% of showdowns, wins 45% of them. That last part just has to be an anomally. Also he's on the last 3rd of his buy in if that's worth anything.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:51 PM

WA/WB pot too big to fold? Pre-flop seems ok, flop seems ok. A lot of players will bet big ace unpaired again on the turn and why not encourage a bluff on the river? If he checks the river he might look you up with an ace high when you bet. I think the one place where you might have a fold is on the river but could be convinced otherwise. The free showdown play might be ok IMO depends on the player you're up against though. It seems like he could have entertained the thought that you were on a flush draw IMO.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:08 PM

There was no way of you getting this pot hu here so i think your line is fine. Slavic do you play at pokeroom or betonbet? that name looks familiar
Old 11-11-2005, 05:18 PM

PF with your position and a couple of cold callers, you can call and hope to (1) flop a set or (2) see a board of rags and hope PF raiser holds overcards.

On the flop, I think this is a fold. PF raiser bets and there is a caller. Can you picture at least one of them having a J? A read on the caller would help. If you really think no one has a J, raise the flop. I can't just see calling.

This would be different if the flop were 882 for example. Then your hand could very well be good. But when the flop has cards above T, chances are someone made a pair. Plus a bet and a call to you - you've got to be done right there.

3/6 kicked my ass after coming fresh out of 2/4. It's a whole different ballgame. I'm still adjusting actually ...
Old 11-11-2005, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There was no way of you getting this pot hu here so i think your line is fine. Slavic do you play at pokeroom or betonbet? that name looks familiar

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a paradise poker name.