Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:02 PM

Default Re: You, sir, are not a fish (LC)

[ QUOTE ]

Agreed (I didn't remember the OESFD), but if you feel your opponent is reading you better than you are reading him isn't leaving to find a better game a good option? (Not saying this is what Ghaz did)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I agree with you.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Had I been raising on a naked flush or straight draw, he would've forced me to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isnt the point of the original post, but wouldnt it be better for villain to smooth-call your raise, and bet you out of the pot on a safe turn? That would blow your nice draw to pieces, is a good defence against the flop semi-bluff with the bog-standard draw, and he'll lose his stack against a 2-pair/set anyway.

Ojo_Rojo

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but how does he know what's a safe turn card? Clubs are the easiest things for him to know might kill his hand (he didn't have a club redraw, BTW) but he doesn't want to see tons of other cards, either. Any 3 or 8 makes a straight possible, any 7 or 6 gives me a pair to go with my OESFD, any non-king broadway card could conceivably give me two pair (he doesn't know at this point that calling a raise with ATo is not something I'm likely to do as many people will call a raise with a hand like that). That doesn't leave many cards in the deck that he really wants to see. By pushing, he ensures he can't be outplayed later. For example, what if I have AQ and he check/folds a club turn? Also, if he pushes and I ONLY have a club draw, I'm making a mistake to call (and its a mistake many people would make in this game).

I'm not saying his push was absolutely correct 100% of the time; just giving some reasons why he might want to do it.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:38 PM

If you don't mind, can you tell me what your profit/hand is for 76s?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Curious, would you take the same line if you only had a straight draw or a flush draw?

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt that BUT:
Would you do the same with:
1. Pair + Flushdraw FE 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2. Gutshot + Flushdraw FE 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt that BUT:
Would you do the same with:
1. Pair + Flushdraw FE 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2. Gutshot + Flushdraw FE 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't know about anyone else, but I wouldn't be in that position with those hands - would almost never call a raise & go heads up with them.