Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2005, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Is this a leak?

Yes. You're losing a lot of money by not raising some of those hands.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:25 PM

With multiple limpers, I limp behind with these hands. If there is only one limper to my cutoff or button I will raise him with any pair, suited aces, suitd connectors, and any broadway. The thing is, you'll pick up the pot so much with a simple flop bet that any play after that is a freeroll EV wise.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:26 PM

Mine is about 8.5 and I think it should be closer to 10 or 11; different goals I suppose....
Old 11-02-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I do the same as you.

I feel if I raise these same hands with limpers, I increase my preflop raise frequency too much and will put me in a lot of marginal situations later.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you raise preflop in 6-max? Compared to others, my PFR seems a little low (which is why I was thinking about this in the first place).

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine is around 12-13.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:27 PM

I've only played a little 6-max, but I noticed that people tend to call continuation bets much more frequently at 6-max then full ring. If that's true, then if you raise 67s from CO with 5 limpers in NL 100 full ring, you might get 2 callers, and on a K93r flop, both will usually fold to a continuation bet from you as the LP preflop raiser. At 6-max, I was seeing KQ or KTs calling the preflop raise out of position, then calling the continuation bet, or even bet into me with it. If my observations are generally true, then it would seem to make your "leak" of trying to overlimp into multi-way pots with suited connectors in LP a much better plan than trying to raise preflop, narrow the field, and then take it down with a continuation bet on any flop. I even saw Ax call cb's with just ace high, then check it down to the river (if I let him from LP) only to have his A-high beat my unimproved 76s (that I had raised from the button and dutifully continuation bet on a missed flop).

So, based on my limited experience, I think you plan is good, and I'll start doing that myself at 6-max.

Full ring, however, I like raising because people tend to fold more to cb's when I miss the flop.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mine is about 8.5 and I think it should be closer to 10 or 11; different goals I suppose....

[/ QUOTE ]

man im a maniac compared to you guys

19% pfr
Old 11-02-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
man im a maniac

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-02-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man im a maniac compared to you guys

19% pfr

[/ QUOTE ]

VPIP?
Old 11-02-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

VPIP?

[/ QUOTE ]

27 but this is only over 3k hands since moving to stars, so take it with a grain of salt
Old 11-03-2005, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My primary game at the moment is the skins 1/2 6-max game so take that as the context.

I will openraise a wide range of hands (big cards, pairs, suited connectors et al) depending on what the current table conditions are (position, opponents' tendencies, etc.). However, if I raise after limpers, I always have a big hand (big broadways, big pair, etc.)-- I generally just overlimp my connectors, small pairs, suited aces, etc. I doubt people in the game have noticed this as people at this level generally suck but maybe they have. Is this something I should be concerned about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay attention to how much action you get when you raise with a lot of limpers, and this will answer the question for you.