Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-26-2005, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Interesting 3/6 hand

It's as simple as looking at the stats of the player, the previous action, and making a read. We 3-bet the turn, the SB called all along, and now has checkraised two players who obviously liked their hands. It could be that he has 95s or 94s for the rivered worse 2-pair, but it's far more likely he has JT, Q9, 55, 44, 99, K9 etc.

There just aren't many hands you beat, and with the combo of the player, the action, and the hands that can beat you, you're not good 95% of the time IMO.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:44 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Results

When homey the clown raises on the river he is raising for value. Now there always is some question as to what is value ot this type of player but with all the action on the turn it has to be something he feels is "made". I think even the "worse" two pair hands he would probably call with.

Even though the pot is large, it's the protected nature of the pot that tells you were you are.

I folded. Our early aggressive guy just couldn't come to do the same.

He had AKo, the SB had 55
Old 10-26-2005, 06:49 AM

Well, I don't fold 20 BB pots on the river with made hands since reading SSH. It took a long time and a lot of frustration, but I have found that Sklansky was right. There have been times that I just KNOW I am beat, and get the shock of a life time. Hell, I've seen people who thought they were slow playing AA here.

A recent post, a guy told me to make a bad call so players don't start getting tricky on you. I thought I'll make loose calls when I'm in a bigger pot, and when I'm on the river, and these internet dongs aren't paying that much attention anyways. I guess I'll give his bad advice, and say make a bad call here so people don't get tricky.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, I don't fold 20 BB pots on the river with made hands since reading SSH. It took a long time and a lot of frustration, but I have found that Sklansky was right. There have been times that I just KNOW I am beat, and get the shock of a life time. Hell, I've seen people who thought they were slow playing AA here.

A recent post, a guy told me to make a bad call so players don't start getting tricky on you. I thought I'll make loose calls when I'm in a bigger pot, and when I'm on the river, and these internet dongs aren't paying that much attention anyways. I guess I'll give his bad advice, and say make a bad call here so people don't get tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

whatever my hand is, it is not made. My hand is only marginally better than TPTK. This player is not tricky, in fact this is about as tricky as he can get as passive as he is, and I think you have little fear of him taking shots at you.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:15 PM

Not sure why no one mentioned it, maybe because I'm wrong, but this looks like an easy preflop fold. You're playing 7:1 with nothing but a FD and an easily dominated hand.
Flop is an easy c/r.

The way you played it, you can be fairly certain MP1 has AK so you're not worried about him now. I'm yet to ever see someone call down every street and then c/r a protected river pot while bluffing. Important to note, as it has already been mentioned that this guy may think he's value betting and in turn get us to laydown the best hand (thinks he's slowplaying AA was the wording).
Old 10-26-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure why no one mentioned it, maybe because I'm wrong, but this looks like an easy preflop fold. You're playing 7:1 with nothing but a FD and an easily dominated hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Qxs four-ways from BB against a raise is fine. I actually think xxs is fine to call with here too.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Qxs four-ways from BB against a raise is fine. I actually think xxs is fine to call with here too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm face card suited, suited aces, sutied connectors and one gappers, probably connectors also here.