Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Re: Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR

I've played 8000 hands of 5/10 and 10/20 6-max at absolute this month. According to PT my rake contributed is $3500. My affiliate is reporting my MGR as $1500. I've cleared about $500 in bonuses. I am almost certain my affiliate isn't lying. This looks to be of concern.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:59 PM

Default Re: Effect of Bonuses on Absolute MGR

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't played there in a week, and the reported MGR has never caught up.

I don't plan on going back unless they fix this, as it's a tough site only made worthwhile by rakeback and bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a theory on this. Because my MGR is lower than I think it should be.

I think that for MGR they are only taking hands where you contribute to the pot.

While for bonuses it is any raked hand.

This is the only way it makes sense to me. Because I have a UB account where I get the same rate, I play an almost equal number of hands on each and my UB MGR is almost 50% higher than my Absolute MGR.

EDIT: My affliate is as solid as they come. No way he is jerking me.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:55 PM

Default What is actually happening

I have carefully compared the Absolute MGR numbers reported by my affiliate with Poker Tracker. At first the reported numbers did not seem to make any sense but now I am convinced I know what is happening:

1. The daily report is based on hands played from midnight-to-midnight the previous day. This is based on site time which is U.S. Eastern time.

2. MGR is based on total rake divided by number of players receiving cards, just like Party.

3. Bonuses do not affect MGR.

4. The computed MGR numbers are divided by two [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img].

I figured this out because of a day where I played very few hands and had a very small MGR. I then went pot-by-pot and computed MGR based on number of players at the table etc. The rules described above seem to be the only possible explanation for that daily result.

I then went over another day's results pot-by-pot using these rules and the result exactly matched the reported value.

That was as much pot-by-pot computation as I wanted to do because it is a lot of work. But I approximated all my other daily results using total rake and the average number of players at my tables. I reproduced all of my daily results within a few percent. I'm pretty certain I've got it right.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: What is actually happening

Great work as usual.

That seems like pretty shady business to not announce the fact that everyone's MGR is cut in half all the time, no?
Old 10-24-2005, 04:11 PM

Stellar, you should email taht to absolute and see what they have to say, then fill us in.

Maybe even link them to the thtead, so they know its not just you who is converned.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Seriously, thanks for doing this work. I am also interested in finding out what Absolute has to say.
Old 10-24-2005, 04:26 PM

This is very accurate based on my observations...

I have played the same number of hands so far this month (a little more) as I did all of last month. My MGR is slightly less than half of what I got last month.....

hmmmmmmmmm..........

Margon
Old 10-24-2005, 04:33 PM

probably some exec trying to save a few $$$
you'd think if they were going to scam everyone, they would report something like 80-90% of the real MGR. so no one could have any definitive proof without tons of work.
even if they fix this, i hope all of you demand that extra MGR before you play any more hands
Old 10-24-2005, 04:54 PM

My mgr is also lower than it should be. The divided by 2 thing seems about right. Thanks for doing the work StellarWind. Hopefully Absolute can get back to us on this. Why they would do this, without telling us or the affiliates is beyond me, not cool.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stellar, you should email taht to absolute and see what they have to say, then fill us in.

Maybe even link them to the thtead, so they know its not just you who is converned.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've notified my affiliate. I trust him to take care of this. I'm just a player and AP doesn't owe me an explanation about affiliate payments.

My personal opinion is someone made a mistake with the software. I don't think there is intent to cheat anyone. It isn't time to pay for this month's play so they haven't done anything wrong yet except distribute an erroneous data feed.

Maybe they already know about the problem and are working on fixing it. Maybe the business people haven't seen to monthly numbers yet and don't realize they are low.

The recent bonuses were very generous. I will continue to play while this is resolved. This is not a perfect site but they have a decent attitude toward their customers and they are trying to improve their product. Compared to the stagnant decay at Paradise and the arrogance of Party that's a welcome change.