Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Coming in from the Irc world

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This was actually my first thought. But do we really want to do this against a LAG and posters(im guessing very loose).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I like it against a LAG who raises any two, and posters who are playing any two.

Ideally, the posters check, the SB raises, you 3-bet, the posters fold and you get HU with the maniac.

But since the SB can't be counted on to do this (not to mention, the second poster should raise the first time around if he has a clue), it's probably not a viable line.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played this hand. You are making a false assumption. The posters will fold. They posted in a freaking 6max game. It will take dynamite to get them out of the pot.

I just called. The LAG at the table was a 30/27 type who loved to open-raise, but didn't have a death-wish or anything. I limped expecting a limped pot most times. I planned just to call if the LAG raised because it would indicate a reasonable holding on his part. Also, a three-bet would fold the posters just about never.

I also have more leverage and a smaller pot if I do connect with the flop and want to pop the flop or turn to drive out the posters. If I bloat the pot by three betting, they will be correct to call two-bets cold on the flop with all sorts of skanky holdings.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you guessing about your equity here, or have you ran some numbers. (fwiw, you have a pretty decent equity edge)

peace

john nickle
Old 10-20-2005, 07:47 PM

Well, I did say that the LRR is probably not a viable line, because rarely will everything go according to plan.

I just raise it up. If they fold; great. If they call with awful hands; great.

Yeah, the pot might get big, but your hand plays well in big multiway pots.

Welcome to raisetown, population me.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raise any playable cards with noone entering the pot voluntarily yet with 1 poster, much less 2... for me, easy ass raise

[/ QUOTE ]

OOP this is a mistake, generally. Posters call too much.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Decent 6 max game. Sb is a nutty lag. Two posters. Im UTG, and look down to see QTs, i .....?

[/ QUOTE ]

...don't fold.

I like limping here. Raising here and getting 3-bet probably gets the BB to fold. I'd rather see a flop with this hand for 2-bets 5 or 6 handed, than for 3-bets 3 or 4 handed.

Also, with a hand like this that does so well multiway postflop I'd rather have the LAG to my left. That way I can c/r a big draw trapping the field for multiple bets. Having him to my right isn't nearly as good. I'm sure I will raise TPGK to protect my hand, but there's a good chance the posters call 2 cold on a Ten high or Queen high flop anyway. Now I'm stuck with a hand that probably has a thin equity edge at this point, and which I probably have to showdown either way since the pot is so freakin big.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:56 PM

Okay, given the SB's stats I would raise. Your equity edge is super big.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:57 PM

What do SB's stats have to do with my equity here? I am UTG, everybody's hand but mine is random.

By saying that SB was aggro but didn't have a death-wish, I was trying to imply that if he threebet me OOP or raised after I had limped, I wouldn't really be liking QTs.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:09 PM

Right, I was just saying that if he was extremely aggro then I like the postflop position that limping and calling his raise or even limp reraising puts you in much better than raising and calling his 3-bet. Now since I know he will need a reasonable hand to either raise or reraise, I like just raising from the start. We definitely want these posters to pay at least an extra bet one way or another.