Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-11-2005, 09:06 PM

Default Re: WTF do I do here?

I bet this river. He limped in with a small PP, given his stubbornness to call you down to the bitter end. He might call your bet without a heart. Then again, he might call/raise with one as well
Old 10-11-2005, 09:07 PM

Bet/fold. If he's loose, virtually everything he was calling with he's still calling with.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, that sums up my thinking so much better[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2005, 09:13 PM

i dont understand the value of bet/fold here. you are never going to be called by a worse hand and you wont force a better hand to fold. am i wrong? im a bit of a noob.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand the value of bet/fold here. you are never going to be called by a worse hand and you wont force a better hand to fold. am i wrong? im a bit of a noob.

[/ QUOTE ]

One thing to keep in mind here is that you have been playing the hand as though you are not on a draw, which in fact you aren't. Most villains would therefore elect to value bet this river if they flush for fear that you will check your non flush. Also, because you have not played this like a flush, there is no reason for this guy not to call with his previous holding, which could be any piece of the board.
Old 10-11-2005, 09:25 PM

This might be incorrect, so don't quote me on this...

Given the calldown by villian and his "slight looseness", I'm assuming he's got a pocket pair and he's putting us on an "Ace Hand".

He might call us here with a worse hand(ie a pair) if he thinks we'd bluff this river with A-high. This make sense to anyone or it just isn't worth the risk in this spot?
Old 10-11-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be incorrect, so don't quote me on this...

Given the calldown by villian and his "slight looseness", I'm assuming he's got a pocket pair and he's putting us on an "Ace Hand".

He might call us here with a worse hand(ie a pair) if he thinks we'd bluff this river with A-high. This make sense to anyone or it just isn't worth the risk in this spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think it's worth it here. I'd say we probably get c/r'ed about 25% of the time, get called and lose about 20% of the time, fold him 25% of the time, and he calls and we win 30% of the time.

His range: any 2 broadways with a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 66 or 88 maybe JJ, JT-JA with no heart

Everybody who's saying he's playoing it like a pp, his most likely pp is 66-JJ. He doesn't have 99, 77 raises flop or turn, TT has us beat, JJ has us beat, as does 66. Other than that, he's not calling turn without a heart or a J IMO. I actually think the estimates I gave above are off by quite a bit...I think it is much less favourable to bet than I mentioned above.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:06 PM

I think he is just as liekly to have 2 ocs, with a J for the straight draw and one heart for the flush draw on the turn.

either way, easy check behind.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:14 PM

lau or buck, is my reasoning above somehow flawed? I just can't see a bet being worth it, but I would like some feedback on my analysis.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:44 PM

No, your logic looks good and pretty compelling. I'm just saying that the board doesn't neccesarily change the texture of his hand, and that it's even more likely that it didn't change it after he checks the river.