Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 10-08-2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Here\'s a leak of mine

i think this pot is staying 4 handed. my main concern is hero's position.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:16 AM

Even if it does stay 4 handed we have too much of an edge against essentialy 2 random hands and one above average hand not to raise, even in bad position. Knocking 1 out is just icing on the cake.

If the action was CO open limped, button limped, and SB completed, would you still check 99 in the BB? I think we should be more inclined to raise in the OP's hand, even though I'd raise both, since we're against almost 2 random hands instead of against almost 1 random hand.

On a side note, what's the average VP$IP SB for an average player? I guess it's more like a top 50% hand, not really random, still something we're a big favorite over though.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:31 AM

I think raising here is fine. I was 4-tabling and didn't notice the one fellow was a poster. Raising makes the hand more difficult to play post-flop, but hey, this was difficult enough anyhow. So raise if you like...
Old 10-08-2005, 01:34 AM

If you're going to give up on the turn, you have a very difficult situation. If your opponents are even just slightly loose enough to peel on the flop to try and maek 2pr or have some kind of weak draw, then you're handing a lot of pots away.

That's the big problem right there. If you bet, with this many opponents, you are almost certainly going to get called somewhere. And if they won't raise you with an ace, then you're in a world of hurt due to reverse implied odds.

I think if you bet the flop, you have to take one more shot on the turn. And if you don't like that line, you have to check-fold the flop with the exception of reads. (E.g, UTG+1 bets who would never limp with any ace here and didn't raise preflop, so you rule out the ace and raise him.)
Old 10-08-2005, 02:28 AM

Raising 99 from BB after limpers is intriguing. What are everybody's PT stats for 99 in BB? O.T.B? Or in general?

I think i don't raise this enough PF.

Felipe
Old 10-08-2005, 02:37 AM

Preflop seems like an easy raise. 7-handed, SB complete, UTG poster who checked his option, and MP who likely has crap.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:42 AM

It is.

Postflop? I have no qualms with this being a preflop raise. No idea how to handle these post-flop though.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:50 AM

having not raised preflop, you played it fine postflop. if the turn was an 8 and the river a 7, i probably would have bet the river, too.
Old 10-08-2005, 02:52 AM

I don't mind the pf check. You're usually going to stay 4 handed unless the UTG post was by a decent player who misclicked, which is pretty much the worst situation you can think of for 99 OOP.

I don't mind the flop bet and often fire again on the turn HU. It'd depend some on what I think about Villain. A loose/passive might call with a gutshot or a pair or because he just doesn't believe that you have an Ace given your generally inexplicable (to him) aggression in previous hands. More than 1 flop caller, though, and I'm done barring exceptional circumstances.

I think if we check the turn it's got to be with the intention of folding the river.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't mind the pf check. You're usually going to stay 4 handed unless the UTG post was by a decent player who misclicked, which is pretty much the worst situation you can think of for 99 OOP.

I don't mind the flop bet and often fire again on the turn HU. It'd depend some on what I think about Villain. A loose/passive might call with a gutshot or a pair or because he just doesn't believe that you have an Ace given your generally inexplicable (to him) aggression in previous hands. More than 1 flop caller, though, and I'm done barring exceptional circumstances.

I think if we check the turn it's got to be with the intention of folding the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you come from? I like your posts.
Yeah, PF who cares, turn bet is good if it's HU, not so good if it's multiway.