Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Foxwoods Follies... the 2+2 edition: $5-10 kill game

the first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club
Old 10-03-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont think you should be talking about 2+2 at the table

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is stupid.

I can tell very quickly whether someone is a 2+2 player or not; usually within like an hour or so of live play.

I assume they can tell the same of me. Letting them know is not going to change much.

It is a problem if you start arousing the suspicions of the fish at the table, but if you are discreet, I find acknowledging someone else's poker background can be interesting, and often leads to more interesting table conversations than usual (hopefully non-poker related ones). This idea that "I don't want the 2+2er to know I'm a 2+2er because then he'll know how to beat me" is misguided.

If both party's are actually decent 2+2ers playing correctly and observing their opponent's play, they should be able to realize what's up pretty quickly without explicit discussion. If one side can't someone's doing something wrong.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron reminded me, to a disturbing degree, of another poster (mosch). I felt weird dropping a sup bro out of the blue with a player in between us. Once she left, it was pretty easy to discuss 2+2 without anyone else being remotely aware.

I had vastly more fun letting the cat out of the bag than I would have otherwise.

-kyo
Old 10-04-2005, 11:03 PM

i dont think theres anything wrong with dropping a sup bro, i just like to wait till im away from the table to mention 2+2

i became a 2+2er by doing something with an underpair and dude on party was like "that was the correct move, are you a 2+2er?" i was like "what? oh thats sklanskys website right?" and it all started there
Old 10-04-2005, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is stupid.

I can tell very quickly whether someone is a 2+2 player or not; usually within like an hour or so of live play.

I assume they can tell the same of me. Letting them know is not going to change much.

It is a problem if you start arousing the suspicions of the fish at the table, but if you are discreet, I find acknowledging someone else's poker background can be interesting, and often leads to more interesting table conversations than usual (hopefully non-poker related ones). This idea that "I don't want the 2+2er to know I'm a 2+2er because then he'll know how to beat me" is misguided.

If both party's are actually decent 2+2ers playing correctly and observing their opponent's play, they should be able to realize what's up pretty quickly without explicit discussion. If one side can't someone's doing something wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

its not to keep the other 2+2er from knowing im a 2+2er, its to keep the rest of the table from knowing what 2+2 is, and that there is more strategy to poker than they think
Old 10-05-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
its not to keep the other 2+2er from knowing im a 2+2er, its to keep the rest of the table from knowing what 2+2 is, and that there is more strategy to poker than they think

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but IME, personally, and with friends, it takes a lot of energy and effort to learn how to play poker correct. I doubt if even 10% of the poker nation would study as much as you need to, even if you told 100% of them.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have Qx in the big blind.
Flop comes
Q-x-x.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get it. You flopped x's full and it just got better from there. That beats his [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about you, but IME, personally, and with friends, it takes a lot of energy and effort to learn how to play poker correct. I doubt if even 10% of the poker nation would study as much as you need to, even if you told 100% of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

why start them down the right track?

i think it is a good policy to just never talk strategy/2+2 at the table, i thought this was something everyone here pretty much agreed on, its just as bad in my oppinion as saying, "you idiot, whyd you fish for that gut draw on the river?"
Old 10-05-2005, 01:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lmao. Was it Jason T?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why start them down the right track?

[/ QUOTE ]

My point should be implied in my previous response. But, if "them" really want to learn, they would find their way here ...eventually. But even those who stumble their way here, I seriously doubt even understand nor care to take the time and effort.