Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-27-2005, 12:18 AM

Default A3s in the SB. I play some poker.

Many of you aren't going to like this hand, but it's actually awesome, and by awesome I mean totally sweet.

Villain is very loose and aggressive. He's stealing with way too much and betting the flop way too often. However, he's also giving up way to early postflop. (Or maybe that is his redeeming counter-fault)

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls.

He's raising with two cards, I have a showdown hand, I have huge postflop skillz, it's dark, and I'm wearing sunglasses. Hit it.

Flop: (7 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

I check-raise to collect an extra bet from him when he doesn't even have a pair (what, 75% of the time here?) and to set him up for his patented turn fold.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Whoops, he didn't fold, but I have a flush draw anyhow.

River: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>

Will he dump here one time in 7.5? I think it beats checking and calling. Checking and folding seems too weak for 7.5 bets because I think he's capable of a bluff.

What do you do on the river?
Old 09-27-2005, 12:21 AM

Default Re: A3s in the SB. I play some poker.

I dont like the river bet. He is only going to call with hands that beat you. I.E Better Ace High, Any Pair,

I dont know if he is gonna show down KQ and QJ enough to make this profitable.

I'm also not sure if you are suppose to try the c/r flop lead turn after 3 betting from the SB. I usually see this used when you just call from BB.

Looks pretty good though.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:23 AM

I don't like the river bet. If he folds you had the best hand. And he never folds a worse hand I wouldn't imagine. If he's truly giving up too early postflop he clearly has a pair here since he doesn't have a big ace (that caps preflop) and he's not calling down with KJ.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:25 AM

I dont see him paying you off with K or Q high, and you sure as hell arent getting him to fold a better hand. Check/Call or Check/Fold imo. I dont like folding Ace high against these kinda dudes though
Old 09-27-2005, 12:26 AM

Heads up against a random hand, your equity in this pot is about 39% on the river. On this river, if you put him on total air, betting &gt; check-folding &gt;&gt;&gt; check-calling. Since you had a read, I'll just have to trust that this guy was actually willing to give up when he was out of line when someone pushed back. Becasue of this, I don't mind your preflop, flop, or turn play. While this hand was well played if he had absolutely nothing, 62o crushes you, and will probably call the river if he's come this far.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont see him paying you off with K or Q high, and you sure as hell arent getting him to fold a better hand. Check/Call or Check/Fold imo. I dont like folding Ace high against these kinda dudes though

[/ QUOTE ]
If you check this river, you should fold when he bets.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:28 AM

I would check and call all the way down if he is as loose and aggro as you say. Let him bluff his $$$ off.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:29 AM

I think I agree with you guys. When he called the turn I should have realized he was going to show me a hand.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check and call all the way down if he is as loose and aggro as you say. Let him bluff his $$$ off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I thought he said he liked to fold on the flop when someone pushed back? Also, you should give some thought to folding preflop. You've put a whopping 1/3 of a small bet into the pot. I'd seriously consider folding this preflop. Oh, and by the way, if he really does have "two cards" here, your equity on the river is about 39%. Thus, a bluff really only has to be profitable a lot less than 1 in 7.5 to yield a profit, as 39% of the time, it's not a bluff!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:33 AM

I'm going to have to give that some more consideration. He wasn't super agro post-flop. He would give up on the turn quite a bit, or take a free card if checked to when he wasn't happy with his hand.

Look at my line. If he has something like JTo here, I gain an extra bet from him on the flop. And then I have some folding equity when I bet the turn, and certainly deny him a free card. I have the best hand here so often, I don't want free cards coming.

He'd have to be really aggressive even on the turn for me to prefer check-call type lines.

Please help me out if I'm wrong on this.