Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 09-25-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Another 6-max JTo hand

Caller is passive. I took the advice given here prior and didn't raise the preflop, especially being OOP here.

I bet the flop because I felt that it was stronger than checking and calling, and my draw is fairly strong. (I think tripping up the T is good, the J maybe only counts as 1.5 outs, plus I have the OESD.) The fact that my draw has some extra outs means I don't lose if it gets raised. (I think)

The turn bet was a little iffy to me. I felt I needed to bet it, but I didn't really have an intellectual understanding of why.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks
Old 09-25-2005, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Another 6-max JTo hand

I don't think you're ahead often enough to bet that turn, and if you get raised, you have a really tough decision to make. I was going to say that there aren't may cards to come that will wreck you if you're currently ahead, but I guess any spade could, and a J could. That's 13 cards, and 45 unknown.

Actually, if you stand little chance of getting raise by a hand that's less than a flush, then I think you should bet. By checking, you give your opponent the option of value betting something that almost certainly has you beat, or taking a free card. Betting removes that option, and you still end up paying one bet to see the river that you would have paid anyway when you call his bet.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:41 PM

I think we can bet the turn with fold equity. I also think the river is check/fold.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:44 PM

I like it, at least if you're planning to fold the river. If you're not than betting and fold to a raise is better, but since your opponent is passive I think check/fold&gt;bet/fold.