Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Pokerroom vs. Party rake analysis at $2/$4 (Pokerrom 73% higher!)

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, it costs the average player 1.4bb/100 over the Party structure!

Try overcoming that, especially the marginally winning players like myself.

[/ QUOTE ]
Note that TAGs will not pay their full share of the extra cost because they win fewer pots than the loose fish.
Old 09-01-2005, 03:15 PM

unreal. I was actually going to play there. W/O rake back at party and would be rake back there, it still doesn't make sense.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But how does it apply to the 3/6 and 5/10 Is it still as bad? Also note that rakeback deals can go as high as 40% here too which will effect your overall rate. I hope that was not taboo

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom @ 40% Rakeback vs. Party @ 25% Rakeback

Pokerroom still has a 31% higher rake paid!

For an inferior site to Party it does not make sense.

What really gets me is how they structured their rake to mess with the bonus clearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

The messing of the bonus system, as previously stated, will not stand. It will be adjusted.

Do note that we appreciate the efforts you have put into making these comparisons and we will look into how you derived at those figures.
Disregarding all others aspects however, you are leaving out those who benefit from the new rake structure.

But naturally they don't speak.

And we also retain that this is a entirely new way of taking rake and as such might need som adjustments.

Sincerely,

PokerRoom.com
Meet Them and Beat Them
Old 09-02-2005, 05:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,

The messing of the bonus system, as previously stated, will not stand. It will be adjusted.

Do note that we appreciate the efforts you have put into making these comparisons and we will look into how you derived at those figures.
Disregarding all others aspects however, you are leaving out those who benefit from the new rake structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will assume you mean the high limit players? To try and draw a comparison, if you lowered the taxes for high income workers and increased the taxes for low income workers, who do you think you'd hear from?

It makes sense that high limit players can afford to pay more per table hour in rake, since the potential return is much higher. It is confusing to start cutting them breaks and shifting the burden to low limit players.
Old 09-02-2005, 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It makes sense that high limit players can afford to pay more per table hour in rake, since the potential return is much higher. It is confusing to start cutting them breaks and shifting the burden to low limit players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that if they bust out the low limit players with a very high rake, those players will never develop into high limit players.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I already stated that at 5-10 NL PokerRoom is better than Party at all stages of the rake structure
Old 09-02-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention that if they bust out the low limit players with a very high rake, those players will never develop into high limit players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fish always lose, thats why they are fish. In theory you can argue that they will lose faster now with a higher rake, however, if there are less sharks because of the higher rake, they may actually lose at a slower rate.

Low limit players who are profitable, read as sharks, will largely leave the pond (if you guys making noise are to be judged as representative of the silent majority as well).

The ones that remain will reap the benefits. Not nessacerilly in the 2/4 limit games, but in Nl ring, SnGs and perhaps MTTs, the games will actually become more profitable.

In theory.

Phill
Old 09-02-2005, 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But how does it apply to the 3/6 and 5/10 Is it still as bad? Also note that rakeback deals can go as high as 40% here too which will effect your overall rate. I hope that was not taboo

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerroom @ 40% Rakeback vs. Party @ 25% Rakeback

Pokerroom still has a 31% higher rake paid!

For an inferior site to Party it does not make sense.

What really gets me is how they structured their rake to mess with the bonus clearing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

And we also retain that this is a entirely new way of taking rake and as such might need som adjustments.

Sincerely,

PokerRoom.com
Meet Them and Beat Them

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate the response! Any idea when the bonus will be restructured? If soon I may keep my money in their to clear the bonus.

Also how I compared the two sites is taking 180 random hands from tables whose table average was closest to my 40,000 hand sample sized.

From those 180 hands, I applied your rake structure and Party's rake structure.

I am not one who cares about the others who have it better. What I speak out about is the levels I play. The rake structure is way off base from your competitors.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:35 PM

Now that all the 2+2ers are leaving I think I'll go open an account.

Just a quick statistical question: Are you counting the actual rake you paid on winning hands or the accounting version where the actual rake paid is assumed to have been paid equally by all players at the table without regard to participation?

If the actual dollars of rake you paid is higher then you have a complaint. If you are relying on the accounting version then your conclusion does not reflect reality.

Under your accounting version if I fold everyhand then you can claim I paid 100 dollars in rake but this does not relect what really occured at the table.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If the actual dollars of rake you paid is higher then you have a complaint. If you are relying on the accounting version then your conclusion does not reflect reality.

Under your accounting version if I fold everyhand then you can claim I paid 100 dollars in rake but this does not relect what really occured at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Whether you win 1 of 100 hands or 75 of 100 hands the rake paid at Pokerroom is higher than Party.

Maybe in the bb/100 effect is a bit lower for you as an individual, the fact remains it is 65% higher than Party at $2/$4 on average no matter how many hands you win (unless of course it is 0)