Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 08-24-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Dealers I would certainly tip...

THIS IS NOT A TIPPING POST!

So don't talk about it.

I had the greatest dealer of all time last month at the Taj. Very large Puerto Rican lady who spoke and dealt at about a mile a minute, but always hit every mark and knew every rule up and back. Seriously, she was so fast, the cards were ALWAYS in the air before the winner scooped the pot.

A few months back at the Trop there was this nut, pasty young guy with a scraggly beard, who told a little joke about how he used to be a male prostitute before every hand. (If it was a joke...? ) Actually he was kindof a bad dealer, since his jokes often caused him to misdeal, but what the hell...it was like 5am at a 3/6 table with a bunch of stonefaced taterheads...any distraction is worth its weight in gold.

Know these two? Your own favorites?
Old 08-24-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Dealers I would certainly tip...

No one specific, but I really like dealers who seem to relate to me as a player. The ones that act like machines, dealing the cards and not saying a word are OK, but if I want lots of hands rather than interaction I'm fine playing in front of the computer. Rather, the good dealers are the ones who give you that look like "I totally know how you feel, bud" when you get sucked out by some clown who gloats about it. This is the guy/girl I enjoy having as a dealer, and they'll get an extra couple of bucks at the end of their rotation just for being cool.

Swede
Old 08-24-2005, 05:13 PM

My favorites are Rick and Chandra at the Borgata, hands down. Both professional but also friendly, fast, knowledgable, and appreciate tips appropriately.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:38 PM

One great line from a Borgata dealer - really fast and good -slicked back hair, glasses - "poker isn't about the money, it's about the memories and stories you can tell your kids.." He had the table laughing.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:36 PM

My two favorite dealers are at the Bellagio: Mae (Asian, mid 30s?) & Janet (short haired burnette; also mid 30s). Mae is super nice, and a good dealer. Janet is just the best dealer -- always on top of everything, and keeps the peace no matter what psycho is whining about his two outer, horrible river card, or whatever... Both deserve more recognition than a post on 2+2 can give them.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:33 AM

maggie, sherry, sherry, tia, penny, and jennifer at the comerce. none of them have much to say (and it doesn't matter).
Old 08-26-2005, 03:15 AM

For the TStone people out there, Sandy. I made a comment about how my Philadelphia Eagles hat used to be white (it had become yellowish due to sweat and dirt) and she told me to run it through the dishwasher on the top shelf. My hat is now white again! Thanks Sandy. She's a good dealer anyway.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:20 AM

arnold at the wynn

this dude had all hole cards out in 3 seconds, and he joined in on the fun by putting the flop cards down in funny ways sometimes.

sometimes that's all you need to do to get a tip.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:49 AM

has anyone seen that guy at the borgata that looks exactly like tony soprano?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
arnold at the wynn

this dude had all hole cards out in 3 seconds, and he joined in on the fun by putting the flop cards down in funny ways sometimes.

sometimes that's all you need to do to get a tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnold is really good, as are most of the Wynn dealers.