Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2005, 11:23 PM

Default New Brunson Books

Saw this on Amazon a couple months ago, but haven't seen any posts here about it, so I decided to make a post.

Doyle is coming out with two new books in January of 2006:

My 50 Best Hands (50 Best/50 Worst) (Hardcover)
50 Best (Amazon)
My 50 Worst Hands (50 Best/50 Worst) (Hardcover)
50 Worst (Amazon)

"Sit side-by-side with two-time world champion Doyle Brunson as he thinks his way through the most memorable hands in his illustrious 50-year career. For no-limit hold'em fans, this is a treasure trove of the greatest how-to advice and insights ever put into print from the man who is synonymous with hold'em. Doyle goes through decisive and key hands in his career, talking about the size of the pot, the tournament, the players, and every detail of the situation. He explains why he made the moves he made and what you should learn from his moves. Every poker player at every level can benefit from Doyle's wisdom and experience. Doyle brings you in to the drama of the moment, making this how-to book as entertaining as it is helpful, especially when combined with it's companion book, My 50 Worst Hands."

"This is a unique opportunity to learn from a legend's worst hands and mistakes. With hundred's of thousands of dollars on the line, even a two-time world champion makes the wrong moves sometimes. Sit side-by-side with Doyle Brunson, the greatest poker player in the world, as he works his way through some of his worst-played-or at least ones that didn't work out-hands in his illustrious 50-year career. For no-limit hold'em fans, this is a treasure trove of how-to advice from the man who is synonymous with hold'em. Doyle goes through decisive and key hands in his career, talking about the size of the pot, the tournament, the game, the players, and every detail of the situation. He explains why he made the moves he made and what you should learn from his moves. Every poker player at every level can benefit from Doyle's wisdom and experience. Doyle brings you in to the drama of the moment, making this how-to book as entertaining as it is helpful, especially when combined with it's companion book, My 50 Best Hands."

Books are reasonablly priced for a hardcover at $13.57 at Amazon. They sound pretty decent... looking forward to them.

Edit: He's also coming out with an autobiography in October 2005.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 08-22-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: New Brunson Books

His next book will be titled "How I whored every last buck out of poker since I can't even use my super system to win anymore".
Old 08-22-2005, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
His next book will be titled "How I whored every last buck out of poker since I can't even use my super system to win anymore".

[/ QUOTE ]

He only consistently beats the biggest cash games around.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:06 AM

He has an online poker book?
Old 08-22-2005, 08:08 AM

yes, take a look:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&n=507846
Old 08-22-2005, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, take a look:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s&n=507846

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, one review states:

Dolly just bluffed me out of a fifteen dollar pot!, [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His tournament record has been lacking for many years, despite recent limite success. My point is he is getting old and cashing in anyway he can--even with fake takeovers...
Old 08-22-2005, 12:26 PM

This doesn't really surprise me. I'm not saying Doyle is a bad guy, but what do you expect from a business man? He was a bookie, and a longtime gambler. His life goal is to make boatloads of money. Writing a useless book that it little else than a thinly veiled promo piece for doylesroom is very consistent with those aims. Again, I'm not faulting him. I would probably do the same thing if I were him.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His tournament record has been lacking for many years, despite recent limite success. My point is he is getting old and cashing in anyway he can--even with fake takeovers...

[/ QUOTE ]

His tournament record has been lacking because for many years he wasn't playing that many touraments, He was boycotting the WSOP and the WPT wasn't around.
He has won 2 bracelets since he returned to the WSOP 3 years ago and a WPT event. Plus has some said he has played and beat the biggest games for years, I don't think his skills are slipping that much.

RZ