Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2005, 07:16 AM

Default Bubble hand with flush draw

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t1085)
BB (t2430)
UTG (t3630)
Button (t855)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, Button calls t100, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t400) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

I know that it is normally not a good idea to go broke on flush draw, but this situation seems like a good place to gamble. If big stacks have a K, they will most likely call. Shorty probably would also call with a K if one of the big stacks didn't also call. The pot is already 40% of my remaining stack. Is this a good time to push? Or should I have pushed it preflop and hoped to take it down at that point?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:17 AM

Default Re: Bubble hand with flush draw

C/R all in
Old 08-11-2005, 07:24 AM

Now, this spot is quite interesting. Button's shorter than you are, both of you have got little stack. You've got very little FE after someone bets. It's very likely someone has a K out there, but you do have outs against them.

If you bet: Any K calls you, and that happens a lot of the time, meh.

If you check: I like this a bit better because I would love for it to be checked through, or for the lovely minbet to come out there so you can shove back with FE.

Now, if a signifigant bet comes out there, I think I could lay this one down. Because I really hate to coinflip it up on the bubble, and this is one of those spots where you are.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:47 AM

What about preflop? Should I just lay it down and hope the other short stack gets busted?
Old 08-11-2005, 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) converter

Hero (t1085)
BB (t2430)
UTG (t3630)
Button (t855)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls t100, Button calls t100, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t400) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

I know that it is normally not a good idea to complete from the SB on the bubble, but this situation seems like a good place to gamble. If big stacks have a K, they will most likely call. Shorty probably would also call with a K if one of the big stacks didn't also call. The pot is already 40% of my remaining stack. Gee, I should have pushed it preflop and hoped to take it down at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. There are times I might muck from the SB as well, but the last thing I want to do is see the flop 4 handed. Depending on the play of the two big stacks, there are times that I might complete from the SB hoping that the BB will push with a hand weaker than mine and the two others will fold, but those are unique situations.

Push or fold PF.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:08 AM

I like pushing preflop. Button doesn't have a good hand or he would have pushed himself. UTG is just being a jerk. I'd push and expect to take it down the vast majority of the time.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:31 AM

I don't think it's assured that the two limpers will fold if you push. I get called all the time by limpers when I push on the bubble, but I guess I only play at the $11's so that's not really reliable. I don't mind limping with A8s from SB with two limpers ahead of you and a stack of more than 10xBB.