Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker

Old 08-03-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Prahlad Friedman vs Jesus Ferguson

He thought they were chopping and Chris was just doing the annoying overbet in the obvious split pot position. He commented about this a while back to railbirds at prima.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising on that hand made little sense as he was unlikely to get paid off by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

QJ/JT or a medium/small pocket pair wont pay him off?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? if jesus had qj/jt it woulda been a split pot, aces full of jacks.

and if jesus is betting the whole way on that board and friedman is calling don't you think jesus would atleast put him on a jack? only reason friedman thought the jack was no good is because jesus bet on the river after 2 calls. obviously friedman has a jack in that spot. so no, no person in their right mind would pay off aces full of jacks there.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Raising on that hand made little sense as he was unlikely to get paid off by a worse hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious? if jesus had qj/jt it woulda been a split pot, aces full of jacks.

and if jesus is betting the whole way on that board and friedman is calling don't you think jesus would atleast put him on a jack? only reason friedman thought the jack was no good is because jesus bet on the river after 2 calls. obviously friedman has a jack in that spot. so no, no person in their right mind would pay off aces full of jacks there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friedman was holding KJ, so he made aces full of kings on the river.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 AM

did anyone else notice when jesus checked to see if the money was loaded with 1 dollar bills?

Jesus must be a 2+2'er
Old 08-03-2005, 12:32 PM

Yea I thought Prahlad definitely lost the least amount he possibly could have with only one card in the deck able to beat him. Norman Chad was right when he said a lot of other players would go all-in on any one of those streets. That final board of A J A A K was so sick.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really thought it looked like Jesus had a J (and they would chop), until the King hit on the river (giving Prahlad the 2nd nuts , with precisly 1 card that beats him) I personally would have raised, like I said putting Jesus on a J and seeing if he had commited himself to the hand.....of course I would have gone broke right then, but he's better than me.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Friedman was holding KJ, so he made aces full of kings on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 08-03-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I thought Prahlad definitely lost the least amount he possibly could have with only one card in the deck able to beat him. Norman Chad was right when he said a lot of other players would go all-in on any one of those streets. That final board of A J A A K was so sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Prahlad was going to raise on the flop to get information. I think he could have saved himself money by raising there.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:25 PM

I thought it was amazing he didn't go all in. I definitely would have lost my shirt on that hand.

But what I also thought was interesting was the way Friedman played the next hand. I don't know what the blinds were but it seemed like he tilted. I don't remember the hand exactly but it was something like Q 4. I think he had about 300k of chips left.

If it were me. After that beat I probably would have gone outside, take a few deep breaths and re-group my thoughts to let go of the previous hand but that's just me.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:46 PM

If I were Jesus I may have went all-in there. Does Friedman expect Jesus to move in with the case ace instead of value betting? If he put Jesus on a J, then the river K would have given him the better hand.

The $300k river bet made Friedman think about Jesus holding the ace, but would an all-in have had the same effect?