Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 07-29-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re-learning 6-max... overplayed open trips?

Villain is pretty solid... 24/13/3.0 over a sizeable sample. I've been playing full ring for months and only this week decided to get back into shorthanded games. I don't think I can find a fold anywhere in this hand, but I do wonder if my turn raise was excessive given my read on the opponent.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Overlimping generally sucks, right... but this seemed like an easy exception. Position, sooted, good odds, and one or two clowns already in the hand (UTG and UTG+1).

Flop: (10 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Raising here would be pure, unadulterated chipspew, right?

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 07-29-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Re-learning 6-max... overplayed open trips?

looks good to me.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:41 AM

I probally cap the flop and if he still bets the turn i may slow down and call but most the time ill raise and the go into call down mode after that. Not much you can do if he has one of the few hands that beat you good for him. I also dont mind the limp but if you are first in thats a clear raise for me
Old 07-29-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-29-2005, 01:59 AM

not raising at some point in this hand is terrible
Old 07-29-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks good to me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-29-2005, 02:01 AM

Thanks for the input guys... I want to get some hands posted as I transition back to short, but will keep it to two or three a week to avoid clutter.

As a quick aside, is there a specific reason we're not capping this flop? My reason was that I felt I could get him to bet into me if I just called, and he granted my wish. I also suspect capping the flop kills our action when we are truly way ahead and he whiffs the turn.