Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 11:53 AM

Default O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

Hi All,

I will try to keep the lead-in to this as brief as possible while still giving a thorough explanation as possible.

For those of you that don't know who frequent this forum, I was successful in negotiating a WSOP Main Event package with TruePoker in exchange for playing 120k hands at their site in a little less than 2 months. This came about due to a discussion on this forum about if poker sites would be willing to negotiate for or offer special bonuses for the play of high volume players. (Stu Pidasso orginally posted about the idea of a High Volume Player's Association.)

Once again for those of you that don't know, I was successful in completing the 120k hands challenge at TruePoker and won the WSOP package.

As a result of TruePoker offering me this deal, Aamazon was able to to get a similar deal (bonus if you will) with the Gaming Club. They also offred it to some other players but I am unsure if any of them were successful in completing it.

I was reading Baulucky's post about his proposed 12k bonus and as a result of that thread (which they were some discussion about this in it) I came up with the following idea:

1. I have proved that poker sites are willing to negotiate for the play of high volume players and offer a special bonus or deal.

2. I WOULD NOW LIKE TO PROVE THAT POKER SITES WILL NEGOTIATE FOR A BLOCK OF PLAY FROM A SIZEABLE GROUP OF HIGH VOLUME PLAYERS.

Here is my specific idea:

We would call our group O'Doyle's Army and would try to assemble (as a minimum) 100 players that would be willing to play a high number of hands at a poker site in exchange for a WSOP Main Event seat package or if possible another WSOP circuit main event or WPT event package that would occur sooner. The exact number of hands would naturally still have to be determined with whatever poker site would agree to this. I would prefer 120k hands but in a longer time period than I completed it in. (perhaps 4 months)

The poker site would get two things:

1. A large amount of play from a block of players in a specfied time.

2. A large contingent of players at a major poker event, an "army" if you will. Let's face it, this method has made PokerStars what they are today.

This army could be dressed in similar attire like the Poker Stars crowd or the Full Tilt players. I would prefer army- like shirts that would have naturally the poker sites logo on there as well as names, stripes on the sleeves, etc. I know when ODoyle's Army would march into that poker room they would garner much attention and would be sure to capture the eye of the media.

What would we as players get: The opportunity to not only play in a major poker event, but if this takes off we could perhaps be in a position to secure future deals or bonuses from poker sites for the long term.

So, please respond if you would be interested in participating in such an experiment and lets see if we can get this thing off the ground! (I know about 20 players responded that they had an interest in Baulucky's post)

I am not affilated with any poker site in any way and hope this would not be considered "spam" in anyway.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:59 AM

Default Re: O Doyle\'s Army - WE WANT YOU!

Playing against 100 other 2+2ers on a small site is not a good idea. If you can negotiate this through a Party skin or 'Stars I am interested.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:01 PM

yea I'd probably be up for doing that at a largeish site with decent software.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:03 PM

I don't want to win the war. I just want to make a lot of money...

A WSOP seat, for me, is nearly worthless unless I can sell it for cash.

Good luck. Great idea... for the pokersites... They get the rake, they get the publicity, they get the money...

I guess that if you also value a WSOP seat, then you also get an OK deal.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:26 PM

i agree...I would rather have bonuses OR have Stars Rakeback!!
Old 07-23-2005, 12:40 PM

What limits would this deal consist of? Like others have stated, I would not be thrilled about playing 15/30 at a ten person table made up of 8 sup bro's.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yea I'd probably be up for doing that at a largeish site with decent software.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-23-2005, 12:56 PM

I'm definitely interested in this. Its all going to depend on which site we're going to use. Like others have said I don't think its a good idea to do this at a smaller site if we're going to have 100 people. However, I don't really think this will be a problem as I see the number of people that would actually do this to be 30-50.

Durs
Old 07-23-2005, 01:04 PM

I would be happy to 4-table at a site for some special bonuses.

I would not be happy to wear an O Doyle's Army special outfit in public. I have exactly zero pieces of clothing with any company names attached - but would probably wear an online site's shirt if I won a $10k entry and got hotel accomodatioins for wearing their shirts.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-23-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing against 100 other 2+2ers on a small site is not a good idea. If you can negotiate this through a Party skin or 'Stars I am interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with this guy. I'd love to participate but not if the playerbase for the site will be half zoo'ers for the duration of the promotion.