Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 11:30 PM

Default Re: Phil is saving for a jet.

It sounded to me as though Daniel was messing around good-naturedly. Phil handled it well. Daniel even gave Phil the best of it, by offering Phil a coffee and dinner.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:33 PM

Man, I can't get the commentary to play. It keeps saying it's "buffering," but once it gets to 100% it starts over again and again. Any ideas?
Old 07-15-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think that was a low blow to put phil in a situation like that. phil's business model is to advertise himself as the greatest poker player of all time and his rejection of daniels offer shows that he believes daniel is the stronger player, at least by his reasoning.

i dont think that was appropriate of daniel there.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can that be a low blow? If you pimp yourself as the greatest and crave the limelight like PH does, then better be ready to talk on air about who's the greatest and who'll take on who.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:56 PM

ive come to the conclusion that phil markets himself as the best player in the world but knows he isnt, even though hes very good. i believe the other pros know this to be true and know that hes just trying to make a buck through building a name. they let him do his thing.

daniel knows that phil isnt going to accept the challenge and thats why its a low blow. you dont just challenge someone to a fight over live broadcast knowing they will chicken out as its going to hurt their name.

i dont think daniel meant anything by it, other than that it was a shameless plug to boost his own name but happens to be at the expense of phil's. daniel probably sees it in all good fun but phil probably sees it as damaging his name a little bit.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You can buy a 1/8 fractional share of a CitationJet for 500K, plus you don't have to screw with hiring pilots, A&P's, scheduler's etc, just pay a monthly fee and an aircraft is available within 8 hours of a phone call to your frax operator.

Al?

RLR

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's that big of a stretch to think Ivey or other big players might go that route. Pro golfers have been doing the same thing for years.