Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2005, 11:31 PM

Default big draw but 1 guy all-in

Tonights super friday, blinds are 25/50. Guy in CO with 795 makes it 150 to go, and button (4K) calls. I have 2K in the SB and T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I call and BB calls too.

Flop comes 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, BB checks, CO pushes his last 645 and button calls.

My play??
Old 07-08-2005, 11:48 PM

Default Re: big draw but 1 guy all-in

Im no expert in playing draws like these, with some of your outs probably not clean.

I think it depends on your style early on. Some people would take this opportunity to push and try to hit their draw. Not only will it help your stack but will probably lead to more action later on when you have a hand.

The small stack here could have a lot of hands and most certainly not a hand he wants you to call with, he may easily have a hand similar to yours and hoping to push you out. The BB here could have any suited connector and possibily Ax/s. im putting the CO on a flush draw and the BB probably has A8 with ace of spades. He is the big stack and it is correct to call small stacks pushes with draws like these (I think)

if im going to play this hand I push.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:51 PM

I'd bet out on this flop, and fold if raised by a what is probably a better draw.

If the button didn't call, I may gamble here with the nice odds, but the push and call, you are probably down to 6 outs while having to dodge lots.

I fold.

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 07-08-2005, 11:59 PM

You made a great read.

I too decided that i wanted to push or fold here and decided to fold for fear that my straight outs weren't all clean.

CO was on a total bluff with Q3, and button did have A8. THe river brought a 9 and I would have won a nice pot.

Curiously enough about 20 minutes later I had a very similar hand with a flush draw this time plus a gutshot and 2 overs and after betting the pot the SB raised me all-in. THis time I called and hit my flush and now I'm quite healthy.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:05 AM

CO isn't even too important here (other than you having at least eight clean outs). What matters is your equity vs. the button for a potential 2.5K side pot, and the button so far is just a dumb calling station.

I may push, or, if he's loose/passive, I may just call. But under no circumstances am I folding getting 3:1 on an average ~8 clean out draw (call it 7 plus the backdoor flush) plus 3-4 outs' worth of overs.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:15 AM

Whats your action if you call and a spade falls that doesnt help you.

I honestly thinking just calling is not an option.