Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 07-03-2005, 06:23 AM

Default soft games

My first experience with online poker was with noble several months ago. I took advantage of an $11 without deposit promotion and built it into a bankroll to play 50nl.
The games WERE incredibly soft. Even after I had much more experience playing I struggled with 50nl on other sites but right from the start I was crushing these games. I was up against very passive play over an extended period of time. Then they created 6 max tables and took away my fish. Around this time time other winning players started showing up. After dropping a few buyins I decided to cash out.

At this time I can't think of a reason why anyone would play on this site. I had lots of trouble with support - "the check is in the mail" (the check ended up taking two months to arrive). I too was mislead about the raked hands I had to play. There is little or nothing in the way of limit play and I doubt the NL games are softer than party. SNG and tournament structure is terrible. Don't let any bonus offers tempt you!
Old 07-03-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: My (Negative) Review of Noble Poker

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:58 AM

I had the same experience. Back in April I created a Noble account. A pop up window appeared with a rep asking me if I wanted a $10 bonus, all I had to do was deposit with Neteller. And I had to play 20 raked games. I was given the $10 before any raked games were played. Fast forward a few days, I decide to withdraw all my money, still not playing any raked games. I was allowed to. I did not play on Noble again until a few days ago. I made a deposit, I play a few games, decide again to withdraw all my money. Now I'm told I can not make a withdrawal for any amount, because I have not played 20 raked games. I point out they allowed me to withdraw in April, after I had already been given the $10. They say, "that was at the discretion of the cashier." So I play 20 raked hands at the 2 cent/4 cent tables. I am then told these don't count, they have to be at least 25/50 cent tables. So I play 20 raked hands at a 25/50 table. I am told only 3 of them count, because it is not considered a raked hand for you, unless you see the flop. However, the glossary on their own website says the player does not have to see the flop for it to be a raked hand them. Another rep tells me you have to have money in the pot for it to be a raked hand. Well then why isn't a raked hand when I am in the small or big blind? A 3rd rep gives me a 3rd different definition, saying that you don't have to see the flop. I am being jerked around by these guys, they won't allow me to withdraw anything, until I play 20 raked hands, of their definition, and at their level of choosing. In addition, they have no 25/50 ring games with 10 people, just 6 people. I'm not talking about nobody sitting at a 10 person table, they don't even OFFER 25/50 games for 10 people. So of course you are forced to be in the small and big blinds more often.

In short, Noble Poker is a total scam and their customer service is the worst of any company I've ever dealt with.
Old 07-06-2005, 12:13 PM

I depo'd $600 to try the SnG's and some site had a 100% bonus up to $600 code (PokerSourceOnline I believe). Since the bonus only cleared through ring and their software sucked I played a few days and cashed out. I cashed out on Absolute the same day and my Noble withdrawal hit Neteller before Absolute did.

If they would not put multiple games within the same window their player numbers would jump a lot. It's amazing how such an impedence to playing can pass any type of QA testing.
Old 07-06-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, does anyone have any positive experiences with Noble?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine has been pretty good actually. Their software sucks, yes. You can multitable, but only by using one window for all tables and clicking to switch the view (which to me means you can't effectively multi. there). But the games are almost as easy as Pacific's.

I don't know anything about the SnGs or NL games, as I strictly play low fixed limit. The $.50-$1 games were a great intro. to the more aggressive Party 6-max games. These games at Noble are extremely loose and passive, and very profitable. The software also moves slower, which might actually be okay for anyone easing into these games who could use the extra time.

So yeah I can totally understand your problems with them, but for certain people Noble might be worthwhile. You can also sign up with them through a website and get a $50 gift certificate, books, or tabletop for free, so I think it's worth it to sign up, play 250 raked hands at loose-passive tables, and then either keep (slowly) raking it in or take the money and run (the last time I mentioned this website I was accused of spamming, so I won't do it here: just keep reloading 2+2's home page and eventually you'll see the advert for it over on the right side of the website).
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 AM

I played EIGHTY raked hands (per their website definition) and they only credited me for TWENTY. It's arbitrary what a raked hand is, every rep says something different, or they're very ambiguous, and I STILL don't know how they determined it. If you accept any of their promotions, you will get scammed.