Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: My TruePoker WSOP 120K Hands Challenge - Update # 7

[ QUOTE ]
I would do it again tomorrow knowing what I know now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, once you're knocking off the hands at the rate you're going, it's probably not that big a step to move to 20-tabling for 24 straight hours.

Oh, wait, you didn't mean "I'd play 120000 hands tomorrow"?

Darn.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:43 PM

I haven't flown since Jan of 2001. It was horrid before 9/11 and the resultant stupidity at the airports. I can't imagine it having improved (and I have my dad's experiance to bounce my thought off). I checked on a 1 way ticket to stop a friend from taking a day off to take his mother home (3-4hr drive each way). Well, I found a $270 ticket that resulted in 10hrs to make the trip - OR - he could drive her 2.5hrs to another airport and she'd have a 1hr flight. The first flight was Knoxville to DC to Raliegh, to Tampa to Atlanta to Alabama. In-freaking-sane.

Last trip on Delta - had to site 2hrs on the tarmac without any drinks or moving because we could take off "at any minute". 1hr flight Jacksonville to Atlanta. Circle Atlanta 1hr again no service we might land "at any minute". Land, taxi, wait 1hr on the tarmac waiting for a gate. Oh, yeah, we had a gate on the other end of the airport and they wouldn't hold planes for anyone they screwed up with the 4hrs delay (missed my connector by 15 minutes). Couldn't swap ticket for car/other ticket/anything - yes, we screwed up. Yes, we are cutting out a big portion of your time off. Yes, we have bad service. So? We have your money and the return flight. When will you be flying again?

I can only imagine the stupidity now. My 60yr old father gets checked everytime he flys. It's just stupid.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even with what has transpired from a win rate standpoint and the demand of this challenge physically & mentally, I would do it again tomorrow knowing what I know now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your frickin insane!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too say screw the win rate. Winning poker is not easy, and trying to do what your doing while playing winner poker all the time is pretty much impossible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Art,

This is pretty much the conclusion I have come to. This brings to mind another question--What is the maximum number of hands a person can play in a month's time before they become a break even/losing player? I believe I can play around 40k hands per month and show a moderate win rate (around 1 BB/100) An optimal amount for me might only be 20k hands per month though. I realize this answer would vary widely from player to player.

I would find it very hard to believe that there is someone out there consistently playing 90k hands month in and month out and beating the game.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how many true points have you accumulated and whats the deal with that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am at 56k plus. Enough to take me and the wife on a Vegas trip for free (again) and by the time I done I should have enough for a free cruise. You can also cash them out for dollars, but I am little confused by the exchange rate, as I think it changes once you reach platinum status.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know I'm responsible for 1 or 2 of your bad beats in the $25 NL games. Good luck in the WSOP tough.

Frenchie

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Frenchie for the good luck wish, not the bad beats.

However, I made some poor call downs and definitely tilted away some money at those tables as well.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:38 PM

Default Truepoints = Cash back for players >1500 raked hands/mo

The exchange rate for Truepoints:

$.01 per point in 100 point increments, generally 1 point given per raked hand.

A player who averages over 1500 raked hands/mo (technically, one who plays 6000 raked hands over a rolling 120 day period) can exchange Truepoints directly for cash into his account.

56,000 Truepoints, thus would come to $560.00

There is NO sign-up involved, everyone gets this deal and once you hit Gold status, your redemption of points is at your convenience, in 100 point increments, 24/7. If your average contribution to rake is $.10 per raked hand, this works out to a 10% cashback bonus.
Old 06-13-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, once you're knocking off the hands at the rate you're going, it's probably not that big a step to move to 20-tabling for 24 straight hours.

Oh, wait, you didn't mean "I'd play 120000 hands tomorrow"?

Darn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's not what I meant, but wait, hmmm, I just wonder what that would be worth to a poker site.....
Old 06-13-2005, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I too say screw the win rate. Winning poker is not easy, and trying to do what your doing while playing winner poker all the time is pretty much impossible. Besides, the $13,000 or so that this project is paying off with can help any loss in win rate you might have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when you have to mix both format and limits. I can't imagine 8-tabling with both NL and FL tables mixed.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I too say screw the win rate. Winning poker is not easy, and trying to do what your doing while playing winner poker all the time is pretty much impossible. Besides, the $13,000 or so that this project is paying off with can help any loss in win rate you might have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially when you have to mix both format and limits. I can't imagine 8-tabling with both NL and FL tables mixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think looking back on it now, this might have impacted my win rate more than anything. Especially when tables got short, I would continue to play. (Thinking it was really helping hand count, which it did, but to the detriment of my win rate.)