Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: How much $EV will you give up?

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is a small sample size, but I hope Eastbay will take a look. He was doing some position based corrections to ICM and I think he was doing the greatest correction to the UTG position, but you are showing UTG to be the most inline with ICM.

I haven't started yet, but I'm going to do that project about collecting hand data and would certainly share data for other projects.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've already talked with Eastbay about this a couple times. I think he's knows there's no point in getting into the numbers just yet, especially since I may never finish this.

I don't remember his UTG discussion, but it could just semantics. As I said earlier, my BB number is your ICM before posting or being dealt cards in the BB. You would use the my BB numbers to determine if you should fold after being dealt QJo when your are UTG.

Since you will be BB after folding or doubling up, you would use the BB value in your calcs when you are currently UTG. Maybe he named it differently. It's confusing either way.