Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Mastering No Limit Hold\'Em Question

I got mine today. So far looks pretty solid, but all Ive had time to do is flip through.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:52 PM

Thanks a lot, you douche. You just had to make it $24.95 on amazon. 5 more damn cents and the shipping would be free. Now I have to find something else to buy, because I refuse to pay shipping.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:23 PM

Default Would Mason be reviewing this book?

Just wondering if anyone knows whether or not Mason would be reviewing this book soon.
Because there are a lot of new books coming out, I have decided to limit myself to only 2+2 books or books endorsed by Mason.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Re: Would Mason be reviewing this book?

Hi avatar77:

I'm currently crushed with work. Because of that, I probably won't read any non-Two Plus Two books until at least the end of the summer.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 05-01-2005, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Would Mason be reviewing this book?

Lazy bum.
Old 05-01-2005, 06:32 AM

I got mine Saturday, the 30th. In the beginning of the book, the authors say they figure you may already be an experienced player. Nevertheless, some of the stuff is pretty elementary. I have only barely skimmed it so far, though.
Old 05-01-2005, 03:30 PM

Got my copy Saturday (kudos for on time delivery). So far about 50% through the book. So far nothing revolutionary. The quality of the writing is better than a typical poker book (I would be very happy if I never see the Hemingway comment ever again).
Old 05-01-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot, you douche. You just had to make it $24.95 on amazon. 5 more damn cents and the shipping would be free. Now I have to find something else to buy, because I refuse to pay shipping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there something confusing about the post above that said overstock.com was cheaper even with shipping?
Old 05-01-2005, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Was there something confusing about the post above that said overstock.com was cheaper even with shipping?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an amazon gift card. Normally I would go to overstock, I'm cheap, so I would naturally want to pay less, but a gift card is even less than what i would save from overstock.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:29 AM

This might be my next poker book. Can anyone read this and give a quick review? What kind of strategy does it advocate, tight/aggr like Harrington, supertight-aggr like Cloutier/McEvoy, loose/aggr like Brunson, somewhere in between, or something totally different? Worth a read if you have read books by the authors I mentioned? Does it include math/poker theory? It's very important to me to have explanations behind the proposed strategies.

Thanks