Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Next Week: Las Vegas Mirage AHOY

I'm leaving in the next couple of days for WrestleMania XX1 out in Los Angeles, but for those few who might be in the area and fewer still who care, I'm taking a stop on my way back home on Monday, April 4th, at the Mirage. I'm hanging out there from Monday until I leave late Thursday (4/7) night.

I'll be at some combination of the $6-$12, $10-$20, and $20-$40 tables depending on my DPH (drinks per hour) sporting my pimpin' new iPod shuffler that eliminates the need for me to think about what order I'm going to play my favorite songs.

Make sure to say hello as unfortunately I'm making this trip 100% solo and I'll need to chat with someone as I fold-fold-fold the days away. If you play your cards right (and/or if you're a really hot brunette, or that one waitress who's really cool and seems to have been working there forever) I might even let you take me out to dinner. ooooooh. aaaaaaah.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 03-28-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Next Week: Las Vegas Mirage AHOY

Im also going to be hanging out at the mirage that week as well...I hitched a hotel room w/ a friend of a friend at the Riviera (yuck)...but hey, its vegas for cheap. They both dont play poker at all so ill kinda be alone too. Im there from 4/3-4/8. Anyways, will probably be wearing a torn up faded blue UNC hat (in my hands if im running poorly)...brown hair,5'10, 21 yr. Also playing 6-12, maybe 10-20 if i feel lucky, and lower NL games (2-5, do they spread 1-2?).

Wont buy you dinner unless i get that mysterious mirage 15$ comp that i keep hearing about...

Stop by and say hi.

-Justin
Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM

I'm staying at the Mirage as I have no doubt I'll be playing almost exclusively there as I'll only wander outside if I begin to fancy catching some show at night. I'll be the 6'7" Hungarian talking more than most at the tables and it won't have anything to do with the amounts of alcohol getting sucked down at alarming frequency.

As far as No Limit goes, the last I was there was this past December and they did have a NL game going. (Someone else from around there can probably say accurately what stakes they run.) Even when that's not going - or when the $6-$12 and $10-$20 have lists - it seems like you can always jump onto a $3-$6 for some No Fold 'em Hold 'em for a half hour while you wait for any other table.

I know everyone has their own s3cr3t t3ch for getting comps, but I've found with playing there a lot while I'm there (not to mention that I'm logging my time to get the poker room rate) that they're cool about flicking off the freebies. Just ask nicely and you should be able to eat at the buffet on them relatively easily.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 03-28-2005, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as No Limit goes, the last I was there was this past December and they did have a NL game going. (Someone else from around there can probably say accurately what stakes they run.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just there last week. I'm just a lowly 3/6 player, but if I recall correctly they were calling $1/$2 and/or $2/$5 NL tables...
Old 03-28-2005, 10:05 PM

I will be there the same days - I'll drop you a "'sup bro" when I see ya.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will be there the same days - I'll drop you a "'sup bro" when I see ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please don't do this while I'm eating olives* out of my jack-and-coke as they will spew, and it won't be pretty.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
* Olives = S3cr3t T3ch
Old 04-11-2005, 02:11 PM

Default TRIP REPORT

Hows about giving a trip report barron. I love reading your posts and frequent your site, anything interesting happen while in Vegas?