Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2004, 02:49 AM

Default Re: I r retarded

No, I threebet because I probably have the best hand and I want to get as much money as possible in preflop. If the players with position on me call 2 cold, great. If they fold and I get the button, great.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:39 AM

Okay just wanted to make sure we were on the same page since you are a much stronger player than I. Also it would be calling 3 cold for position [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2004, 10:17 AM

Don't use the term 'butchered'.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:30 AM

Bleugh. Only thing I will say is save this post somewhere. Then reread in 3 months and see how useful these forums can be.
Old 07-06-2004, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
preflop- 3 bet or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 3-bet or call. Do not fold, that would be a mistake. 3-betting > calling >> folding.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
preflop- 3 bet or fold

[/ QUOTE ]

No. 3-bet or call. Do not fold, that would be a mistake. 3-betting > calling >> folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Calling is at least better than folding here. I still have no idea why I hit the call button rather than the raise button. As soon as I did it, I went 'WTF?'. Ah well, it's good to post hands that make you look like an idiot.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:46 PM

Actually, I only play .01/.02 during the day since the UB .25/.50 games are extremely tight. It's more of just for fun and to keep myself playing poker when I have time during the not very profitable times during the day.
Old 07-06-2004, 01:20 PM

Yeah you gotta raise this preflop. When you hit like you did in later streets it tends to make other people want to stay round. Your slowplays will generally work better.

This was obviously a slowplay gone awry. You have to consider position. You were last to act on the turn. If you were first I would not fault you for checking as much. You werent. I think you should bet here. With 2 diamonds someone might be in for the flush draw. You make them pay for it and hope a diamond comes on the river -- that way you hopefully get action!
Old 07-06-2004, 01:28 PM

Calling here is very weak, 3 betting is FAR superior. I dont see any use in calling.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:02 PM

How is folding at all superior to calling? Come on now. You have TT and your opponents generally have worse hands. Calling is far superior to folding I don't even think it's close.

I agree completely that raising is better than calling as I stated in my original post but this is not a raise or fold situation. Folding is clearly wrong, that's all I'm saying. I'm calling here with much lower pocket pairs, as I suspect you are too, so folding a higher pocket pair is absurb.